Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 May 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

November 2018 14 Day Rough Plan

I feel like planning a holiday shouldn't be so much of a military operation, but I do enjoy the build up of it all, and I'm very much a planning kind of person.

Summary: 2 weeks couples holiday. Background is both love theme parks. I've been to WDW several times over the years, GF has been to Disneyland Paris, lots of other parks, but never been to America. Staying off site at Avanti Resort on idrive. Flying via TUI Premium Economy.

So on to the plan.

Thursday 1st Arrival Day
Friday 2nd Free Time / HHN
Saturday 3rd Hollywood Studios
Sunday 4th Discovery Cove
Monday 5th Seaworld / Free Time
Tuesday 6th Magic Kingdom
Wednesday 7th Volcano Bay / Free Time
Thursday 8th US / IOA - Onsite
Friday 9th US / IOA - Onsite
Saturday 10th Shopping / Free Time
Sunday 11th Busch Gardens
Monday 12th Aquatica / Free Time
Tuesday 13th Animal Kingdom
Wednesday 14th Magic Kingdom
Thursday 15th Departure Day

I have concerns about missing out stuff as I don't know if/when we'll ever go back, but also equally concerned about cramming too much in and exhausting the girlfriend.

I'm thinking of swapping out Hollywood Studios days/dates as really only going for Fantasmic, Rockin Rollercoaster, and the Muppets. And as much as I love the Muppets, I'm looking at the ride list for Epcot and it's hard to really go for HS when Epcot has more rides, and more of them are unique.

Anyway, thoughts anyone?
Old 17 May 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
On your first day, if you have 14 days into Universal tickets, then go to Universal on Afternoon. I was advised on here that if you are in the park beofe HHN you get hearded into a holding area and then released and get first dibbs on scare houses before the public get in through gates.

That is what we are planning. Looking forward to HHN have not been before.
Old 18 May 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by markiemark90 View Post
On your first day, if you have 14 days into Universal tickets, then go to Universal on Afternoon. I was advised on here that if you are in the park beofe HHN you get hearded into a holding area and then released and get first dibbs on scare houses before the public get in through gates.

That is what we are planning. Looking forward to HHN have not been before.
Yes was thinking about this, just waiting for the full set of tickets, express passes and RIP tours to be released and decide then. I did HHN last time and it was one of my favourite days, the effort that went into it was just unbelievable. I'm thinking either early entry and express passes or if funds can stretch I'd love to do the RIP tour. Want June to hurry up so I can see all the individual prices! If you've never done it before you are in for a real treat.
Old 18 May 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I would say why not do a morning in Hollywood Studios for Tower of Terror, Rock n rollercoaster and Muppets and then hop over to Epcot for the afternoon/evening?

Personally i'd cut out one of Aquatica/Seaworld/Busch and do an extra Disney day.

Its tricky if you think it might be your only trip for a while. As a pair of 20 somethings we're still yet to get out to Busch Gardens.

HHN is frustrating waiting for tickets, you could go on 2nd and 3rd if funds allowed?
We're planning 6-7 nights including those two
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kay241
Excited about Disney

kay241's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
looks like we are going around the same time we fly out on the 5th november
kay241 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

I would also cut down on the Seaworld / Discovery Cove / Aquatica / Busch Gardens and spend more time at Disney. Must be a fortune on tickets!

You could do HS and Epcot on same day, we rarely only visit one park a day. Although you would have to decide which one to use your first three fast passes on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

We are going around the same time, I posted my itinerary too, on mine some advised that the Disney parks can be extremely busy on the weekend. I think it looks great though, I too am extremely keen to get everything I can out of the holiday.
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
I would say why not do a morning in Hollywood Studios for Tower of Terror, Rock n rollercoaster and Muppets and then hop over to Epcot for the afternoon/evening?

Personally i'd cut out one of Aquatica/Seaworld/Busch and do an extra Disney day.

Its tricky if you think it might be your only trip for a while. As a pair of 20 somethings we're still yet to get out to Busch Gardens.

HHN is frustrating waiting for tickets, you could go on 2nd and 3rd if funds allowed?
We're planning 6-7 nights including those two
There's just too much to see and do for 2 weeks it feels! Thinking about swapping out the second Magic Kingdom day for a MVMCP day, then doing an afternoon/evening at Epcot with that days ticket instead?

Busch Gardens is amazing for rollercoasters, perhaps it doesn't have the magic of Disney, but for big rides it's a must do. I'm a bit of a rollercoaster junkie so while I'd perhaps ditch Seaworld (GF would kill me ) I wouldn't skip Busch Gardens.

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I would also cut down on the Seaworld / Discovery Cove / Aquatica / Busch Gardens and spend more time at Disney. Must be a fortune on tickets!

You could do HS and Epcot on same day, we rarely only visit one park a day. Although you would have to decide which one to use your first three fast passes on.
£655 per person before HHN tickets

A half day at each sounds great, but already booked 4 day base tickets, i.e. no hopping. We can modify them at the ticket office in person, but that means missing out on FastPass bookings for the extra day I think?

Originally Posted by jomarise View Post
We are going around the same time, I posted my itinerary too, on mine some advised that the Disney parks can be extremely busy on the weekend. I think it looks great though, I too am extremely keen to get everything I can out of the holiday.
Yes I've been looking through the busy day guides online with intense detail, and veterans day weekend looks like hell! Touring Plans has several days marked as 10 for every park, and other people have mentioned it was rammed last year on the same weekend, so will be avoiding Disney this weekend at all costs. Joys of planning eh.
Old 22 May 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Okay, looking at the plan again, thinking to keep everything similar, but last two days different.

Tuesday 13th Morning/Afternoon - Epcot with FastPass
Tuesday 13th Evening - Christmas Party
Wednesday 13th Evening - Animal Kingdom

Thoughts? I could do the Christmas Party on on Monday 12th after Aquatica, but the busy guide is putting me off as apparently the Monday is rammed that weekend throughout Saturday/Sunday/Monday. Although that'd leave a full day Epcot on the Tuesday. Argh so much stuff!