Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 May 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Day 1 – Travel Day, Thursday 26th April

The day we had been waiting for, for 3 years was finally here. We were due to fly with Virgin Atlantic at 10.30am but had received an email a few weeks earlier saying our flight had been changed to 10am. We were quite happy with this as it meant arriving in Orlando 30 mins earlier, yippee.
We had set the alarm for 5am and were down at breaky by 5.30. It was very quiet at this time of day, so was much easier to navigate the buffet and the self-serve toaster with no queue !
This was a great deal getting the meal deal last night so breakfast was already covered in the cost and the kids ate for free, which was fab.
Mia still wasn’t feeling great but managed to eat a banana, a bit of granola (or as Mia calls it, Grandad’s cereal) and a tiny bit of Nutella on toast. Had we not have been getting on the plane, she’d have had at least 5 or 6 Nutella pots in her pocket for later! The good thing about a buffet is that you can try new things you haven’t before, so we tried Mia on a hash brown and after a twincy nibble, she announced she didn’t like it, there’s the shock of the century, she doesn’t like anything.

Finn and David both went for their usual choices of a full breakfast and both were happy and stuffed, even if Finn does look half dead

Queue, the other fussy one. I’m not really a fan of a cooked breakfast but my fave eggs are poached. So, I asked for some poached eggs and a few minutes later they arrived and were cooked to perfection, nice and runny. I love pastries so was a happy bunny here and ate a few pain au raisins.

We finished up and went back to the room to collect the cases. Did a few obligatory photos, especially of me and Mia in our new hoodies. Thought I’d add in a pic of my Minnie mouse nails too, in case anyone is interested.

As we checked out we received our first bit of pixie dust and the guy on reception let us off with the parking costs, which should have been about £10/15.
We had booked an offsite meet and great company but had forgotten to tell them we need to be at the airport 30 mins earlier so we had to wait about 10 mins in the Premier Inn car park so he had time to get to us. We set off and got to the airport and waited another 10 mins in the drop off point of the airport car park and luckily the car park attendant was really good with us and didn’t make us move.
We checked in and were travelling Economy Delight as my hubby is 6ft 5 and we were able to get us all the same tickets and sat together. On previous holidays David has sat extra leg room then we have sat behind him. So this time was nice for him to have someone sat next to him.
I bought 3 sarnies from Upper Crust in the airport for me, David and Finn for the flight as we aren’t keen on the plane food. I had tuna and cucumber, Finn had ham and cheese and David had some kind of Italian sub type Baguette. This cost just under £19, queue a heart attack. Sorry I didn’t take photos of these, my bad. I had shoved them in the case then forgot when we were eating them on the plane. Plus I had a guy sat next to me and David had his grumpy friend sat next to him.
Here’s the virgin food menu, we didn’t eat it as really don’t like plane food. David picked at his a bit and I ate the Red Velvet dessert. It was only ok. Again sorry I didn’t start this food report off very well.
Poor Mia wasn’t well at all on the plane, she was in pain with her stomach and the grumpy man sat next to David wasn’t very happy when she needed to get up and go to the toilet a few times on a long-haul flight.
We landed at 2pm local time, got through immigration pretty quickly and went to the budget desk for the car. At this point we realised we had forgotten the sat nav so asked for 1 at the desk and they wanted to charge us $190, err no thanks so we passed and said we would use the data on our phone. As it turned out there was a sat nav built into the car and they tried to charge us all that money, very dodgy if I do say so. So watch out for that, we had a 7 seater Dodge Caravan as we knew we needed the space for the cases and basically David loves driving these and the slidey doors lol
We were at Disney’s Beach Club in no time and were in our fab room. We had booked a standard room but were super lucky and were given a pool view. OMG this resort is just amazing.

A quick unpack of a few things and we picked up our refillable mugs from the market place and we were by the pool.

Kids played happily for about an hour or so and we got ready as tonight the plan was to eat at ESPN over at Boardwalk. I had chosen this restaurant because you can’t book and meant even if we had a massive delay we could still go. As we approached we could see the queue was unreal and the staff member said a game was on and suggested with the kids we ate elsewhere as it was packed and would be over 2 hours to wait. So we quickly checked the MDE app and were able to get in Cape May at Beach Club at 7.45 so only 30 mins to wait. We slowly walked back, took a few pics and checked in at the podium. We were called to be seated within 5 mins so that was great. For some reason Finn decided to rename this place Cake Mary and will forever more be known by this name to us
Our server, Julie was amazing. She went through the drinks and explained the DDP to us and how it worked (which was really helpful). I was given the allergy menu but for me and my allergies (tomatoes, pineapple and a few other fruits), its easier than others and I can usually tell by eye what I can have and ask questions where I’m unsure.
Well what can I say, it was fab. I was so looking forward to eating here on this holiday so we just swapped the reservation we already had for a few days’ time with ESPN for that night instead. It’s a buffet and you get yourself a little bucket and help yourself to crabs legs. So off me and Finn went to get our buckets and a few other its and bobs. Julie was great and helped Finn by showing him how to crack the legs and get the meat out. The food was really nice but by this point we were so tired and we didn’t do it justice at all.

As you can see Mia didn't eat a lot, but she was tired and still not a 100%

I loved the crab, peel and eat shrimp, Caesar salad and the carved sirloin was gorgeous.

At this point Finn decided his crab legs were trying to bite him

David has a selection of salad, cheesy pasta bake, carved sirloin and a few other bits of potatoes and green beans

I had a speciality non alcoholic drink of wildberry lemonade with lime foam, really fruity and refreshing and David went for his first beer, kids both had coke

The cookies were good so Finn tells me and even better smothered in caramel sauce, he even took a few back to the room and was a happy little camper

I had a umber if yummy desserts on my plate. A lemon meringue type thing, red velvet cupcake, chocolate cupcake, chocolate mickey head mousse and a chocolate pudding type dessert. All quite yummy
This was a great option on DDP as it would have cost us $50 per person. so we were loving how we only had to pay for tips. Julie was fab so left her 20% tip.
Magic Kingdom EMH was going to be our first full day, so finished unpacking and went off to sleep.
Sorry this post seems to have gone on forever, i'll try to make them a bit shorter and stick to the food bits without going off track tomorrow
Old 30 May 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Good couple of days hope Mia fully recovered in future instalments.
Old 30 May 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Good couple of days hope Mia fully recovered in future instalments.
She was still unwell after eating lunch at MK on our first full day so we then thought it might be some kind of acid reflux which she's had before. She did improve though after a few days and was totally fine in between meals. Thanks for asking xx
Old 30 May 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fab start to your holiday! Poor Mia though, nothing worse than feeling rotten on a long flight. Glad she improved as the days went on!

We’ve got a Cape May breakfast ADR for August, I can’t wait!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great trip report so far.
Old 30 May 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We do DDP for first time in May 2019. Just the Cape May report you've done makes me so excited
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Fantastic start to your holiday! I hope Mia improved asap, I adore your hoodies where are they from? x
Old 31 May 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We do DDP for first time in May 2019. Just the Cape May report you've done makes me so excited
Aww thanks and you'll love it. It was so yummy. The crab was amazing.
Old 31 May 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Fantastic start to your holiday! I hope Mia improved asap, I adore your hoodies where are they from? x
We got them from fairytale sparkle. Think she advertises on here or at least she used to. She's defo on fb though if you can't find her on here. She put a quote in the back too, so they were well and truly disneyfied lol x
Old 31 May 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A great start! Looking forward to reading more
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List