Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 May 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Have booked my first Disney cruise

It's a significant birthday for me next year and after what seems like a long time looking and me saying that I won't pay their prices I've booked my first Disney cruise.
It's on the Disney Fantasy to the Eastern Caribbean next September, in a Navigators Verandah stateroom on deck 8.
I've booked direct with DCL after considering and getting a quote from ToaD, I decided on DCL as the price is fixed.
I can give YouTube a rest for a while as all I've done recently is look at Disney cruise videos
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Have fun!
I love the Disney cruises! Been twice and itching to go again!
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You're unlikely to regret it. As cruise sceptics, we started off with a 3-night cruise as a taster and we loved it so much that we couldn't wait to go back and do it again.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved our 3 night Disney cruise but their prices are so high compared to other cruise lines we couldn't justify it for our Alaska cruise - it's amazing though and by far our favourite cruise line

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

It will be interesting to compare it to our previous cruises, all of which we have really enjoyed and all with different cruise lines.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well Done! a Disney Cruise is a great experience and I remember our 1st DCL cruise. The Wife was terrified of the Sea and I booked a surprise 3 night cruise on the Wonder and she actually had tears in her eyes leaving the Ship as she had such a wonderful time. We have done 5 DCL and 3 of those where the WBTA and now have returned to DCL for next year. After trying MSC twice and NCL once (all great Cruises) but NCL prices have Shot up and MSC don't include Drinks package so creeping up to. it brings DCL a bit closer to what I will pay for a Cruise lol.
Old 30 May 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
That's great news I'm sure you'll love the Fantasy, its an amazing ship. I wonder if we're on the same cruise as we're also booked on the Fantasy next September doing the Eastern Caribbean. We're on the 7th September sailing.

We did the Western Caribbean last year on the Fantasy and loved it.
Old 30 May 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
That's great news I'm sure you'll love the Fantasy, its an amazing ship. I wonder if we're on the same cruise as we're also booked on the Fantasy next September doing the Eastern Caribbean. We're on the 7th September sailing.

We did the Western Caribbean last year on the Fantasy and loved it.
We are on the following one which sails on the 21st.
I’ve just been showing my son and his girlfriend and they’ve said they want to come, which would be great if they did.
Old 30 May 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
Well Done! a Disney Cruise is a great experience and I remember our 1st DCL cruise. The Wife was terrified of the Sea and I booked a surprise 3 night cruise on the Wonder and she actually had tears in her eyes leaving the Ship as she had such a wonderful time. We have done 5 DCL and 3 of those where the WBTA and now have returned to DCL for next year. After trying MSC twice and NCL once (all great Cruises) but NCL prices have Shot up and MSC don't include Drinks package so creeping up to. it brings DCL a bit closer to what I will pay for a Cruise lol.
I must admit, this is probably the cheapest 7 night Caribbean cruise Disney do and it’s at the very top of what I’m prepared to pay, but that’s because we want a balcony. I’ve read so many good reviews about Disney cruises that if I can’t do one for a special birthday, then I’ll never do one.
Old 31 May 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by stecee View Post
I must admit, this is probably the cheapest 7 night Caribbean cruise Disney do and it’s at the very top of what I’m prepared to pay, but that’s because we want a balcony. I’ve read so many good reviews about Disney cruises that if I can’t do one for a special birthday, then I’ll never do one.
I wish we could have a webcam on you for when you first experience it - that feeling of happiness inside the Disney bubble is priceless and you'll soon forget about the cost.

With cruise number 22 coming up for us, you can tell how addictive it is. I'm sure you'll have a great time, the Fantasy is a beautiful ship.
Joa