Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 May 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile Cruise and Resort combo

So for our next visit (next year) we want to do a 3 day cruise and then 14 days staying on resort and in the parks, how is the best way to book this? D.I.Y I’m guessing?

Any ideas on planning etc?

Cruise will hopefully be the 3 day Bahamas one from port Canaveral.

Any help on ideas gratefully received lol xx
Old 30 May 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The last time we did something similar was in 2013.

We did an 11 night Caribbean cruise from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) then 10 nights in a villa where we still go to in Highgate Park.

We booked a package through Virgin Cruises flying into Miami. VC included the first night's accommodation in Miami and we just grabbed a cab to the port. We were able to easily extend the flight home with VS through VC. We hired a car totally independently with Sixt and picked it up from Fort Lauderdale.

Lots of Dibbers do ask regularly about adding a short cruise though and you may get more advice from the Cruise Forum on here.

Mick
Old 30 May 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We did this, 14 days at disney then a 3 day bahamas Disney cruise smack bang in the middle. I'd book your holiday (flights resorts and park tickets) either diy or through TA. Then add the cruise direct (diy), we didnt do this, we looked at the cruise after we booked. We sat on the site and decided which deck level we wanted, went to the TA and the price had gone up. Should have booked it from the site, cause all the TA was go to the same site.

As for planning, we didnt really do much. we only booked the cocktail class on the ship and a package on castway cay (feed the sting rays, snorkle, bike hire) all of which I can highly recommend. we wondered into nassau for a bit, but went back on the boat to do the aquaduck.

we had a great time and we would love to do a cruise again
Old 30 May 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Snoobs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the comments. A lot of people seem to prefer to do it in the middle, I wonder why that is? Don’t you end up losing costs on accommodation on Disney for those nights or do you check out and then back in after the cruise? X
Old 30 May 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’ve booked next years cruise diy. The cruise direct with DCL and the hotel with Disney travel company, 1 night before the cruise and 5 nights after.
I’ve just the flights to book now which I will when they are released in November.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Snoobs View Post
Thanks for the comments. A lot of people seem to prefer to do it in the middle, I wonder why that is? Don’t you end up losing costs on accommodation on Disney for those nights or do you check out and then back in after the cruise? X
I guess that if you're staying on site (which we never have) and going on a DCL cruise (ditto ) you basically book a WDW resort for x days, grab the Disney Cruise bus and board the ship, same bus back to the same or different WDW resort. Three separate accommodations.

Mick
Old 31 May 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just booked our cruise & wdw stay combo for next year. I didn't book the cruise at the start in case of a flight delay or jet lag, also the parks are tiring & it'll be a nice way to wind down before back to real life.

We didn't do it in the middle because we do free dining so a split stay would mean having to buy 2 sets of tickets or paying for a room we're not using.

We've opted for an 11 night stay & then a 4night cruise. Booked it separately ourselves.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We've just booked 3 nights on the Dream and then 10 nights at WL. We'd rather have had the cruise in the middle of our holiday as we done in 2013 (felt like we had 3 holidays in 1 trip, it was fab!) but we were staying in a villa that year and sailed with Carnival. But as stated by a PP we too are doing the dining plan and if you leave the hotel during stay (check out) you have to pay for tickets again to restart the dining plan. We are flying in a day early and staying at a hotel in Port C , so no missing the ship for us. We have been going to Orlando since 2004 so we know how our body clocks react when arriving and know we'll be fine - can't wait

All booked DIY through Disney

Edited at 12:48 AM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We always cruise in the middle. Have done it at the start and end but prefer it to break up the holiday. We are DVC so breaking the stay isn't an issue as we don't do free dinning. I would never do a cruise at the end again as they throw you off the ship early that last morning so you are tired and then gave a long day to wait for an overnight flight- not a good end to any holiday really!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We are at Universal/ four seasons for 9 nights, 3 nights cruise and then 4 nights at Disney Vero beach. All booked independently and DVB is via renting points.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List