Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Jun 18, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile Can I visit the boardwalk with no ADR?

Hi we’re staying offsite and on our last night we would like a bit of a Disney fix as were only doing 1 disney park this year. I can’t get a adr for beaches and cream so we’re going to eat offsite then would just like a wander round the lake, take in the atmosphere and spend our last dollars in the shops there. Can i park there without an ADR?
Thanks
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I'm pretty sure they won't let you park at the hotels car parks. But they may let you park on the broadwalk convention centre car park or the speedway car park and walk down to it
Old 1 Jun 18, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The Boardwalk Hotel will let you park there for a limited time if you say you are just visiting. You will need to have photo ID with you to do it though. Also, have a back up plan in case there is a convention or wedding going on as there might not be any space.
Maybe park at Disney Springs and get the Boardwalk bus.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

We wanted to do this as well and could not get a reservation.
I thought about a ESPN reservation as its pretty cheap to grab a burger from there.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Isn't there a mini golf nearby where you can park if they won't let you at Boardwalk
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Roosterroo
Excited about Disney

the fantasia mini golf is opposite the dolphin hotel so you just need to cross the road to the boardwalk, you will do better getting a walk up during the day rather than dinner time but keep checking for adr everyday as they do come up. you can get a takeaway icecream even if you cant get in for a meal
Roosterroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We parked up at Disney Springs a few weeks ago and jumped on the free bus that takes you there. We hired a boat on the lake $45 for 30 mins and then had a walk around. Last year we drove up and they would't let us in without a reservation (which you can understand as people could do that and then just walk to Epcot without paying to park). The bus service was very simple to do. But you can definitely go walk around without a reservation
See more...

Edited to say: we only had a 1 day MK this year too and missed Disney. We didn't need tickets to use the bus service or hire the boat.

Edited at 08:51 AM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post

You can walk into the boardwalk if you park in Epcot, you can also park at Disney Springs then get the bus to the boardwalk.ESPN does not do reservations.You could also tell them you are going to eat at the brewery which also don’t take reservations which may allow you to park.

Edited at 08:58 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's seems that sometimes they do relax the "parking for 3 hours for non-residents with an ADR rule" but I've seen a few Dibbers say that having paid a few thousand $$$ to stay there and can't park.

You could do what we always do when we do a tour of the resorts every holiday. We never stay on site, nor eat on WDW nor have park tickets. We park up free at DS and catch a bus to whatever resort we want. Last time, for instance, the bus to Y&BC then the boat ride to HS, back to Boardwalk via S&D. Usually a cake at Boardwalk but this time an ice cream.

Last December it was a bus to WL, boat to Contemporary, resort loop monorail to see the Christmas stuff then a bus back to DS from the GF.

If you want a quick ride then boat from DS to either PO or OKW.

Mick
Old 1 Jun 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
It's seems that sometimes they do relax the "parking for 3 hours for non-residents with an ADR rule" but I've seen a few Dibbers say that having paid a few thousand $$$ to stay there and can't park.

You could do what we always do when we do a tour of the resorts every holiday. We never stay on site, nor eat on WDW nor have park tickets. We park up free at DS and catch a bus to whatever resort we want. Last time, for instance, the bus to Y&BC then the boat ride to HS, back to Boardwalk via S&D. Usually a cake at Boardwalk but this time an ice cream.

Last December it was a bus to WL, boat to Contemporary, resort loop monorail to see the Christmas stuff then a bus back to DS from the GF.

If you want a quick ride then boat from DS to either PO or OKW.

Mick
We did this a few weeks ago - toured loads of hotels after parking up at DS. We only had a 1 day pass for MK. We visited Contemporary, GF, Polly, BC,YC, WL, AK. It was so nice jumping on the free boats/buses and like having some free days out. We did have lunch at a few of these hotel though. My sister called us Resort Kickers ha ha.
I suppose there's a method in Disney's madness though, we are now booked in for May next year after falling in love with WL, 10 nights WL and 3 night cruise
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List