Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Jun 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

First timer, FP day approaching, itinerary advice needed

Hello!
My FP day is on Saturday and after months of fiddling with my plan I wonder if anyone could have a look and tell me what you think,

(Staying onsite, travelling from UK)

DAY 1 arrive late afternoon, explore hotel and have dinner on site

DAY 2 MK for as long as we can

DAY 3 UNI

DAY 4 Breakfast at BOG - hang out at MK for a bit then back to hotel for pool day - dessert party PM

DAY 5 HS

DAY 6 AK

DAY 7 TL or BB

DAY 8 UNI

DAY 9 EPC AM/hotel PM

DAY 10 MK

DAY 11 HS

DAY 12 UNI? or HS/EPC

DAY 13 AK

Aiming to book FP's in the morning so we can either get more for the afternoon or go back to the hotel for a rest.

Thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Outline looks fine to me. Not sure if you are planning on using the Early Morning Hours in Disney, but as an on-site guest you definitely should. As to extra FP's you'll likely only get decent ones in MK, the other parks will probably be gone.

Not sure how many you are, or you budget constraints, but in the heat of August, I would do one night in a Universal hotel (HRH, RPR or Portifino) to get the express pass for the whole party for 2 days. Probably cost around $300-$350 or so, far cheaper than buying the passes (probably about $130-$150 per person per day at that time of year). You don't even need to stay there, but I would, hotels are great.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you, yes we are going to use EMH most days, interesting about the extra GP's thanks and trying to talk hubby into a night at universal! 😉
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you, yes we are going to use EMH most days, interesting about the extra fp's thanks and trying to talk hubby into a night at universal! 😉
Old 11 Jun 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Mobile

A lot of times when we do a morning EMH we take a break for a few hours around midday, pool time, shopping etc. Then have FPs booked for later in the evening. Might not work if your kids are younger though.

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

That's a great idea, thank you!
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Hi , you don't say the make up of your party - kids , adults etc which may determine which parks to stay longer in , but here goes my thoughts

1 - Are you going for a fortnight ( fly out weds and fly back Weds/land Thursday ? ) because you have only allowed for 12 full days ( excluding landing and leaving day ) when on a normal two week holiday you would have 13 full days
2 - The mix appears wrong to me , in particular you have 2 full days at HS and AK , yet Epcot potentially only half a day ? I know toy story land is new at HS and Pandora at AK , but traditionally for us Epcot would be a 2 day park , and both AK and HS one day parks . We always used to try to do three days between Uni and Islands of Adventure
3 Make sure you see all the shows and night time fireworks etc , they are great . If necessary plan half day at one park in the morning , rest afternoon at the pool in the heat , then out in an evening
4 Plan early mornings for week 1, late nights for week 2 as your body adjusts to the time difference
5 book fast passes for Disney even on days you plan to ne at UNI , plans change :-)
6 Use the busy day guide to work out which parks to do on which day

Have fun
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

You will struggle to fill 2 days at HS - have you considered going to BB / TL in the morning on one of the HS days and then book fast passes for the afternoon?

BB and TL are both fantastic and very different.

Only 6 rides at HS and a couple of shows, could do it all easily in one day (if you get FP for the main rides as park will be busy)

The suggestion re a night onsite at Universal is a good one - amazing hotels, Express is worth it's weight in gold and you wouldn't have to travel back to Disney to come back next day... First time we did onsite at Universal (Royal Pacific) it was one of the highlights of our holiday.

Enjoy!
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you all for your help, I've moved a few things around after your advice and feel happy that I've got a good plan, just need to get fp's!

I like the idea of booking fp's even on my universal days just in case and will plan for HS after a day at bb/tl rather than Epcot.

We've decided not to stay at uni... maybe next time

Thanks for taking the time to reply.