Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Looking forward to your trip, great start 😀
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Looking forward to this
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Can't wait 😊
Thanks!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks amazing. Love a plan especially when there's food involved.
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Looks amazing. Love a plan especially when there's food involved.
Thanks. Weirdly I’m trying not to have a plan and go with the flow but I want to have a plan for it 😂.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Lisa. Sounds a good plan and some good food choices. Those green beans look awesome!
Lets hope you and I dont get the same weather 'shock' we had last year.
Happy planning.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lisa. Sounds a good plan and some good food choices. Those green beans look awesome!
Lets hope you and I dont get the same weather 'shock' we had last year.
Happy planning.
Oh definitely not! We had 16 nights last year so two days out wasn’t the end of the world. With 7 nights I don’t think I could cope with another hurricane!

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Where else?

Initially when we planned this trip we thought we’d eat offsite quite a bit for dinner. Now that we’ve been moved to The Boardwalk Inn (originally AKL, pool closure etc) I’m thinking it’s highly unlikely we’ll go outside Disney now. We have one evening at AK planned and we want to see the SW fireworks at DHS. We will also want to go to DS one evening so that’s why Homecomin’ is booked. Not counting arrival day (we get there late) we’ll have another 4 nights to think about. So, some thoughts:

Eat round the world

Always sounds like a fab idea but we’re more likely to do that for lunch to be honest. Evenings in Epcot during F&W can be busy and there’s often no seating for the F&W booths. Not ideal for dinner but then it may depend on if we have a TS lunch that day.

Epcot restaurants

Sounds like a no brainer really. We’ve not booked anything. Our go to in Epcot is Le Cellier and we’re definitely not doing that OOP!

We have previously enjoyed Nine Dragons but haven’t done it on DDP for a while. I know it doesn’t get talked about much but we’ve never had a bad meal there. Adamtoonarmy has recently reviewed it in his dining report and enjoyed it so it’s on our list of possibilities. It’s also reasonably priced for a theme park restaurant.

Hoping the shrimp toast is on the menu!

And the sweet & sour pork with noodles.

Given we’re in the Epcot resort area we’re also looking there. We ate at Trattoria al Forno a couple of years ago and while it was nice enough I wanted to like it more than I did. I feel like I want to give it another chance and again it seems reasonably priced for a Disney restaurant.

Marie does like a tiramisu. Although this one was a bit small.

Being so close to the Swalphin I also researched the restaurants there. We couldn’t get a reservation at Beaches & Cream so I thought about trying The Fountain at the Dolphin.

I’ve also read some review of Picabu which have been good. The menu here looks right up our street.

I’m open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas?

Trip Report Index

Edited at 10:36 AM.
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Theme park food

We do have our favourites and will usually just grab a QS meal for lunch in the parks. Occasionally we’ll book a TS and have in the past booked one on the day.

Magic Kingdom

We do love Pecos Bill and with paying OOP I think we could potentially share. I mean this is huge!

We like BoG but I’m not keen to pay those prices OOP so I can’t see us going there this year. I’d rather go to a TS place and The Plaza always has decent prices for a TS. As I said, I booked and cancelled this. I think we’ll want to go but would rather not be tied to it.

We previously found some corn dog nuggets and fries from Casey’s could easily be shared as a decent size meal or snack so will always consider that.

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

OMG So much to comment on!

- It'll be interesting to see how the figures stack up against buying the DDP. I know adamtoonarmy's report is looking good to coming out ahead but as people eat so differently, it'll be good to see how you two fare.

- Never heard of Fresh Mediterranean Market or seen it mentioned. It'll be nice to see some new stuff.

- Ooh i'm a bit jealous of your Wave ADR. Always been curious to try there but as OH eats like a sparrow at breakfast time, it's never made sense to. Enjoy!

- Homecomin' is fab. It's one of very few onsite restaurants we ate at OOP last year as it's just too good to miss. If I was off DDP again though I would definitely consider sharing the chicken & mash platter and a slice of the 10ft delicious Hummingbird cake. Last year we had a meal each, no dessert and were pretty much ready to go to bed after eating (and it was at lunchtime lol).

- Been desperate to try the Wok Fried Green Beans for years but i'd be the only one eating them. This year I might throw caution to wind, order some and them skip dessert or just get the sorbet.

- Ooh those baked goods look fab. Wish we got banana nut flavour in the UK.

- Food & Wine is a bit of a shock when paying in real money. It soon adds up. We bought one of the little wristlet gift cards & loaded up to take away the pain of handing over cash though. Then we could be blissfully ignorant.

Can't wait to read all about it.
-

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I don't blame you for not paying for DDP. Chance to try different places, snack at food and wine etc. We always have a great time even if we go for just a week. Always seems longer as you hit the ground running as repeat visitors. Have a fantastic holiday.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Agree with MissFortune a wrist gift card is the way to go at food and wine.

Even my non vegetable eating husband loved those Yak and Yeti green beans
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List