Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Jun 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jabbag View Post
I paid with Mastercard online and don't have an Amex card. They asked to see the Mastercard when I checked in and nothing was added to my card afterwards.
I think I might go for it and book the Cadillac. Thanks for posting!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Mr TM you are a bad influence! The Cadillac XT5 is not a bad price for my dates with that Amex code so now I’m considering cancelling my original booking and going with that!
Lisa. Glad it works for you. I am still undecided as everything is hinging on do I leave the car for a week whilst we go on the cruise or not.

I will have to pay $125 to park it up which is the crux and may scupper my plans. If I do a hire for 2 days and then a hire for 14 after the cruise VA is coming out about £50 cheaper than the Hertz rental but of course parking has to go on top of the Hertz price. Nice car though.

Decisions decisions.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lisa. Glad it works for you. I am still undecided as everything is hinging on do I leave the car for a week whilst we go on the cruise or not.

I will have to pay $125 to park it up which is the crux and may scupper my plans. If I do a hire for 2 days and then a hire for 14 after the cruise VA is coming out about £50 cheaper than the Hertz rental but of course parking has to go on top of the Hertz price. Nice car though.

Decisions decisions.
Does seem a waste to have the car parked for a week. Good luck deciding!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Lisa. I'm pushing even further ahead now!

We go for 4 weeks in Aug/Sept. It seems I can book that far out for 2019 with Hertz

£814 for the Cadillac XT5

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

I am still undecided as everything is hinging on do I leave the car for a week whilst we go on the cruise or not.

I will have to pay $125 to park it up which is the crux and may scupper my plans. If I do a hire for 2 days and then a hire for 14 after the cruise VA is coming out about £50 cheaper. Nice car though.

Decisions decisions.
Well, you do like the car and you might not get one you really like if you have to hire two times?
You’ll have lost that nice car.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Lisa. I'm pushing even further ahead now!

We go for 4 weeks in Aug/Sept. It seems I can book that far out for 2019 with Hertz

£814 for the Cadillac XT5
I noticed that too but just too early for us to book that far ahead! Will need to hope for another good price or glitch.

Trip Report Index
Old 17 Jun 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Well, you do like the car and you might not get one you really like if you have to hire two times?
You’ll have lost that nice car.
Ha ha. I'm not like I used to be with a rental car albeit mine here has to be exactly what I like.

I loved driving the Cadillac saloons and had them for years. Sadly no longer due to my back

I do have certain 'musts' though with a car.
Reversing camera
Sat Nav - I like the maps, not that I use them
Leather - essential, hate cloth!
Cool seats
No damage
No cigarette smells - ex smoker so it annoys me!

Also if possible I want a heated steering wheel as my hands get cold from the air con vents.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Jabbag View Post
I used Hertz in April and the Amex code 211762 worked out cheapest. I paid by Mastercard and they never questioned it. I'm using them again in August and selected the prepaid rate. I looked in to it at the time and believed there was a cancellation fee if cancelling but I was happy with the rate paid. I had a reason to phone them recently and they were very helpful over the phone.
That is a good saving. My only concern, like using a Travel Agent only code is what happens in the event of a serious accident. Could Hertz use the fact you're not an AMEX card holder as a way out of any insurances ?
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
That is a good saving. My only concern, like using a Travel Agent only code is what happens in the event of a serious accident. Could Hertz use the fact you're not an AMEX card holder as a way out of any insurances ?
I can’t say anywhere on the Hertz site that mentions any conditions of using a discount code. I used the AA one many times and was never asked to show my AA card.

Trip Report Index
Old 18 Jun 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jabbag
Proud to wear my Ears

I've also never noticed anything on Hertz's site that makes reference to any cover being void using a code. Hertz have hundreds of codes and charge different rates and terms for different countries. Don't some US credit cards provide hire cover? In which case there may be an issue there possibly for US residents.

I always have to make a booking and then ring Hertz to link the booking to my account as my default member code is never as high as the Amex code. Again, they've never queried anything on the phone or at the desk.
Jabbag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List