Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jun 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile AKL - Fridge

Hello,

We are booked at AKL for September.

I'm planning on doing a grocery order as have two little ones and want some milk, fruit etc for snacks.

Could anyone advise what sizes the fridges are in the rooms? Would they hold a large carton of milk? Also do they have a freezer compartment?

Thank you!
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

No freezer compartment that I recollect? We would keep a few drinks in there and possibly a couple of uneaten desserts - not a huge size but okay for a couple of bits especially if you can lie them down 👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MurrayBear View Post
Hello,

We are booked at AKL for September.

I'm planning on doing a grocery order as have two little ones and want some milk, fruit etc for snacks.

Could anyone advise what sizes the fridges are in the rooms? Would they hold a large carton of milk? Also do they have a freezer compartment?

Thank you!
Hey there, they defo don't have freezer compartment and are quite small tbh so not sure about fitting a large carton of milk in ...we normally fit our resort mugs and the odd cake, fruit tub etc in but not much else. Oh and maybe some bottles of water in the door but they really are small unfortunately.
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

The hotel rooms only have a fridge. I think the only ones with small freezer compartment are the dvc studios.
If you are going September this year I am sure you know but in case you have not been informed the large pool is closed until December and only the small Kidani pool is available.(we are dvc members and AK is home resort and still haven't been told of closure the large pool - we are also going this September). Very large thread on Dibb on this subject.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumsy554
Gone all Goofy

Do all the rooms have fridges. Staying in Savannah view. Husband is diabetic on insulin ,so fridge would be idea.
Mumsy554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mumsy554 View Post
Do all the rooms have fridges. Staying in Savannah view. Husband is diabetic on insulin ,so fridge would be idea.
Yeah they all have a fridge 🙂
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Hello,

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Hmm sounds like the fridges are smaller than I had hoped. No freezer compartment isn't an issue. Would have been handy to freeze some water but no big deal.

Had hoped we could put some milk and fruit in the fridge. I had a quick look on Walmart website and milk seems to come in gallon and half gallon jars. Half a gallon is still a bit bigger than two litres so would that fit? If not we will have to work around it somehow, just don't want to order it for delivery and then find we can't get it in the fridge! Lol

Yes aware of the pool situation . Not happy but that's another matter. Thanks for making sure I knew tho
MurrayBear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MurrayBear View Post
Hello,

Thank you everyone for the replies.

Hmm sounds like the fridges are smaller than I had hoped. No freezer compartment isn't an issue. Would have been handy to freeze some water but no big deal.

Had hoped we could put some milk and fruit in the fridge. I had a quick look on Walmart website and milk seems to come in gallon and half gallon jars. Half a gallon is still a bit bigger than two litres so would that fit? If not we will have to work around it somehow, just don't want to order it for delivery and then find we can't get it in the fridge! Lol

Yes aware of the pool situation . Not happy but that's another matter. Thanks for making sure I knew tho
I'm not sure that size of milk will fit tbh, sorry...but someone else may reply who knows better than me 🙂
Would the wee Mickey cartons maybe work ok for your wee ones? That's what we got for our little boy and they fitted in no bother...obviously not as good value for money as the big carton but if you have the dining plan that could work better? We got it as a drink with our QS etc and just used the resort mugs...oh and you could fill their resort mugs with milk too
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We stayed at AKL last October. The fridge is really small. The large milk would definitely not fit in. We bought Tropicana in a bottle about the size of a 4 pint of milk you get here and that fitted but anything wider and the door wouldn't have closed. Our fridge also stopped working and we had to get a replacement!
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MurrayBear
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
I'm not sure that size of milk will fit tbh, sorry...but someone else may reply who knows better than me 🙂
Would the wee Mickey cartons maybe work ok for your wee ones? That's what we got for our little boy and they fitted in no bother...obviously not as good value for money as the big carton but if you have the dining plan that could work better? We got it as a drink with our QS etc and just used the resort mugs...oh and you could fill their resort mugs with milk too
Hi,

Yes that s good idea. Interesting that you can get milk in the refill mug. That would be handy. I only need a little to mix up cereal for them both in the morning and then a small glass for the two year old. I could then order milk as my QS drink as I will happily drink the free water.

Did you get the milk in the refill machine?