Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Emma & Co's Travel Day

Emma, Paul, Dad and Abi's travel day, brought to you by Emma

Thursday 12th April

So finally travel day was upon us! I was v excited! I woke before my alarm which never ever happens at home! I actually had a pretty decent sleep and so did Paul. Abi didn't wake up all night and she was still sleeping when I creeped off into the shower!

Now, I forgot to mention a packing disaster yesterday! All the cases had been checked in before we got to the travelodge and I had a bag with our travel day clothes... Minus clean underwear for Paul and I! Doh! So, our underwear was washed out last night and left on the window ledge to hopefully dry out! The moment of truth was upon us! Would we have dry or wet bums for the journey? ! Luckily for us they had dried! Phew! Could have been a soggy bottom situation!

I sneaked off to the shower ever so quietly which was hard as I am naturally noisy and I was excited! I had my shower and Paul had his and Abi stayed sleeping! I got dressed then Abi woke up so it was good timing!

Abi had special travel day clothes courtesy of Auntie Rach! They were very cute and she was pleased with her outfit. Abi seemed happy enough this morning but was still hot and a bit clingy with me but we could cope with that. Calpol and Ibuprofen were given! I felt like we had packed a pharmacy because we had bottles of calpol, ibuprofen and piriton plus all of Dad's pills for his ailments.

Dad txt to say he was up and ready so we were all ready to leave before 04.30! Haha!

We jumped into the car and headed to the airport which wasn't far. Now to find the car park. I was sure I has seen a sign yesterday but in the dark I couldn't see it. Ooops. The sat nav wanted to take us to the wrong car park but we eventually found it after a few loops round. We got the parking for a good price in a wide spaced car park and there was shuttle bus there to take us to the terminal. All very smooth.

Headed through security and as usual I got searched and swabbed and my bag checked which was a pain with all the stuff I had in it!

We headed to a coffee shop for something to drink and a snack to keep us going until Gatwick. Abi wasn't up for much but had some water and some croissant. Her face had broken out a bit today with being ill but we were hoping the sun would sort it all out!

We enjoyed looking out the window at the planes and let Abi have a run about.

We had decided not to take our pram and to buy one when we arrived in Orlando. We also didn't bring a car seat and hired it with the car. We did bring a snooze shade for the pram and a travel booster seat thing which took up most of Paul's hand luggage as she wasn't keen on the low wooden highchairs so the plan was we could use that where ever we went! Count how many times we used it...

Abigail had her own little rucksack my friend Marie had bought her and it was filled with snacks for the flight and a Peter rabbit toy that she got in an easter egg - this is important information for later!

Not having a pram was totally fine and we let Abi stretch her legs in the airport. Flight to Gatwick was fine and I was surprised that Abi didn't have a nap but she is super nosey and was happy just looking about her. Flight was short and uneventful.

Got to Gatwick and headed to flight connections. Or that is what we would have done in any other airport but Gatwick is rubbish for that and you have to basically head out to head back in again and clear security! Security was super busy even in the family side! Abi was swabbed, Dad and I were relieved of our shoes and full body scanned which would have been all right if Paul wasn't half a mile away with the hand luggage to hold Abi! So Paul had to leave the luggage and come and get Abi! My bag was searched again! So annoying! Haha!

Once we had made it through the minefield of security we headed to the Wetherspoons for breakfast. Dad and Paul had the full cooked and I had the veggie breakfast. Had some orange juice which was shared with Abi and she had some toast and hash brown. Was nice enough. Cant remember the price I am afraid. I get better with that! Haha!

We decided to take Abi to the soft play area for a wee run around. We were waiting for the gate to be announced. Once it was announced, I told Paul and Dad I was going to get water and I would be back. Think I might have been speaking in another language though because Dad heard go for a wander and Paul heard gather up all the hand luggage, grab Abi and follow me!

So, of course there was a slow moving queue in boots and when I came out I saw Paul and Abi and no dad! Dad is not the best traveller as he has patience for waiting about! Lol! He turned up after a few minutes and then we headed to the gate a million miles away. Abi was getting tired and wouldn't go to anyone but me but she was doing well!

We got to the gate and I said to Paul, eh where is Abi's rucksack?! So in his haste to meet up with me and being by himself he had left the rucksack with all of Abi's snacks! Grand! Too late now, the plane was boarding! Sorry Marie! Just as well I had spare snacks in my hand luggage! I had changed Abi before getting on the flight as well as wanted to spend as little time possible in the plane toilets!

We had booked the 2nd row after WT+ ,the one with 3 seats but only a 2 in front for the extra room. We couldn't book the skycot seats as we were 3 adults and 1 baby and when you book your free seats the aisle seats are kept for infants so because we only had 1 baby and not 2 it wouldn't let me book dad in the 3rd seat. We weren't that worried but as luck would have it the steward offered us a move to the front 3 middle seats so we took it!

Flight left a wee bit late and we all settled in for the journey! Abi is sticker obsessed so she was soon covered in stickers. Haha. There is a lack of pics today as Abi slept on and off for most of the flight so didn't want to keep on disturbing her to take pics! We were offered a skycot and took one. For those who don't know what they are its basically like a slightly bigger bouncer chair. It was set up and we decided to wait to use it.

I am veggie so my food gets served first which was, as usual, a tortellini dish. Was nice enough. Abi wouldn't go sit with Paul or Dad so she sat with me and nibbled at some bits on my tray. The choices for Paul and Dad were chicken and chorizo tomato bake thing or the same pasta dish as me. Lol. This wasn't good news for Dad as he is so fussy he couldn't eat any of this but luckily I had markies sausage rolls and plain Handcooked crisps for him so sorted!

Abi was getting a bit grumpy as she was tired so more calpol, ibuprofen and a dose of piriton for her face which was a bit red was given and I tried to settle her in her sky cot. Well, Abigail had other ideas! After 10mins of crying I gave up and sat her back on my knee and she slept on and off for the rest of the flight, but not for any great length of time!

Paul and Dad watched some movies and tried to sleep - Dad failed miserably! He isn't a great sleeper at the best of times. Paul got some and I slept when Abi slept. Being awake on a long haul flight was a new experience for me as I usually sleep 90% of the journey apart from my meal! I was surviving just fine! The flight felt quick enough and didn't drag.

We landed a bit early and gathered up all our things and headed off the flight. Abi was pretty bright and enjoyed staring at all the people! We got to immigration and there was a decent queue but Abi used it as an excuse to make friends with the family beside us and she was charming them! They helped form a circle so she could stretch her legs and not escape. They were really nice and we had a wee chat.

Using the machines was interesting as it took ages to pick up our finger prints and when we held Abi up for her picture the camera kept focusing on one of us so Paul and Dad had to hide and I had to duck behind Abi!

We finally got through and picked up our luggage. We rebelled against the 2nd carousel and struggled up the escalator with Abi,3 suitcases and 2 bits of hand luggage but we made it to the monorail!

YAY! Felt like the holiday had started now. Even though we were still in the airport. Lol! We headed to Avis and I headed in to organise the car. Got 2 free drivers as a BA member and Paul as my spouse. Pretty good. The lady was super helpful and gave us the car seat for nothing and upgraded up to a full size SUV not an intermediate. All good. The manager fitted the car seat and we had a white dodge SUV thing! Can't remember the make.

Tradition dictated that Paul drive from the airport and I navigate. I hadn't whatsapped Rach as we were just desperate to get to the villa - I got in trouble when we arrived!

The journey was easy and we only got slightly off track once. Everything just felt so familiar - the heat,the smells and the sights. We were all very happy.

We arrived at Legacy park and headed to the estate. The area looked fab and we knew what villa was ours as Chris was outside looking for us! Haha! Rach wasn't far behind him.

Hugs all round for everyone and an explore for Abi. Jake was very pleased to see Abi - he is so good with her and she loves him to bits. We had a bit of a swim as she was adamant she wanted in the pool. It didn't last that long but it was nice to have a dip.

She wasn't on top form as she was now very tired so we decided to stay in and bath her and pop her to bed. Not before a snack and a run around the pool table as you do! Haha!

Abi went down no bother and was sleeping within seconds. I had brought a sheet from home so it was familiar and just put her in bed with a babygro on.

We unpacked while waiting for tea to arrive. I would live out my suitcase but Paul made me unpack! 😂

Pool selfie

When the gang came back with tea we devoured it as we were sooooo hungry and the shrimp was delicious. Paul said his chicken was good as well. We yapped for a while and then headed to bed as we were done in.

It had been a good travel day and even though Abigail wasn't at her best it passed quickly enough and thought it was relatively hassle free.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow given you was travelling long haul with a poorly toddler I would say that was a pretty stress-free journey (although sad news about losing Abi's backpack ). What a little trooper she was! Absolutely love her travel outfit too, well done Auntie Rach!

Great that you got moved and had access to a skycot, did you use it all? I imagine by the time we travel with Charlie next year he will be far too big for one sadly... that boy is a bit of a beast!

Great news you got the car seat included for free with your car rental... was you happy with it? I'm a bit of car seat obsessive so am thinking we will take our own when we go but would be great to hear how it went hiring one with the car!

Loved reading this and so happy to see you all reunited... I can't wait for all the fun to come!

Oh, and we totally know where Rach gets her food fussiness from now don't we?!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Mobile

Emma, you didn’t tell me Peter Rabbit was in the backpack! Humph
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Wow given you was travelling long haul with a poorly toddler I would say that was a pretty stress-free journey (although sad news about losing Abi's backpack ). What a little trooper she was! Absolutely love her travel outfit too, well done Auntie Rach!

Great that you got moved and had access to a skycot, did you use it all? I imagine by the time we travel with Charlie next year he will be far too big for one sadly... that boy is a bit of a beast!

Great news you got the car seat included for free with your car rental... was you happy with it? I'm a bit of car seat obsessive so am thinking we will take our own when we go but would be great to hear how it went hiring one with the car!

Loved reading this and so happy to see you all reunited... I can't wait for all the fun to come!

Oh, and we totally know where Rach gets her food fussiness from now don't we?!
Yeah,it was pretty stress free to be honest! Her outfit was pretty cute!

We tried her in the sky cot once or twice and she wasnt keen at all! Its not very big! Abi is quite little for her age and she fitted fine but babies over 11\12kgs would probably struggle for space. Haha,boys are bigger! Abi was no bother on my knee and didn't really want to run about the plane which was good! Lol!

I was happy with the car seat actually! It was rear facing with the 5 point harness and it was fitted in securely. It was very clean and packaged all up when we got it. The only thing is there was no soft foam bits on the straps so when she was in vest type tops it could get a bit uncomfortable but apart from that it was all good!

Hopefully you will enjoy the rest of the report!

Haha,yes! The whole Thomson side are totally fussy! Heehee!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Emma, you didn’t tell me Peter Rabbit was in the backpack! Humph
Lol,it was the one auntie Mo got her in her easter egg!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Abi did so well! What a long day for her, especially when she still wasn’t 100%. Love her wee outfit, well done Auntie Rach xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
Lol,it was the one auntie Mo got her in her easter egg!

Em
xxxx
Ahhh I thought I got her that 🙈 xx
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That wasn’t too painful a travel day considering. I will look forward to reading more. had a little smile about your dad’s eating habits, my dad is just the same, likes everything plain lol 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lucky you didn't have to wear soggy pants all day! You all must have been shattered by the time you arrived. I'm glad you all arrived without too much hassle. Now the fun can begin!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
That wasn’t too painful a travel day considering. I will look forward to reading more. had a little smile about your dad’s eating habits, my dad is just the same, likes everything plain lol 🙂
No,it wasn't too painful at all!
Haha,he is so fussy! He doesn't like cheese,sauces,herbs,spices! The list is endless! Lol! Very plain is good for him! At least in the US its easy to get what you want.

Em
xxxx