Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 18, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

packing day!

Anyone packing this weekend? I am trying not to over pack, trying to convince DS to get sorted and decide what is he taking and most importantly -stop wearing it!

Any packing tips? How much clothes do you take for 16 days? What do you put in your hand luggage bag?
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

We are just finishing up the last few things,been mostly packed for a while.we take maybe 5-6 outfits each,3 cases for 8 of us .We are going to SSR too,might see you there!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

say hi if you recognize us. We are arriving late Thursday! I love the anticipation - it's so amazing to be able to go to such awesome place... again!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Will do,you will probably recognise us,most people notice 6 kids😁.We only booked on Friday,were supposed to be going in July but medical problems with dh meant we had to cancel.Thankfully he seems good at the moment,so off we go!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

I am just behind you at the stage of piling things up in the spare room and stocking up on blister plasters etc when I pass Boots. DH also keeps picking up more dollars ('just in case') whenever we pass our local supermarket which has an exchange near the entrance. My DS and DD are still doing exams at school so the spare room is littered with books and notes from the subjects they are finished with. Think I will sort that today and maybe get the cases down from the loft as I am at work during the week.

We have a washer drier in our apartment in Orlando so I am going to take 5 or 6 outfits each (more space for shopping!). In my hand luggage it will be electronic devices and the usual type of handbag items such as lip gloss, tissues, hand wipes, headache tablets etc. My DD likes to have flip flops and card games for the plane - she always plays cards for smarties with her dad. DH gets the heavy cabin bag to include passports, sunglasses and hats etc. DS only really takes his phone and tablet on board.

SDD seemed to creep up on me and its hard to believe we go next week. Hope you are all excited. Let's hope we have lots of sunshine 😆
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

oh yes! blister plasters - need to get some
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Glad to hear he is feeling well Nadya. We plan to take it little easier this time, so hope for good bit of pool time!

I will pm you a recent pic of us later, or at least one of DS so you can easily spot us.
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jmt
Apprentice Imagineer

Suitcases are out; 2 between 3 of us and filling up nicely

We're staying in a condo so one is filled with clothes, shoes, washing powder, toilet rolls (to pack it out) and the other food. As I have Coeliac Disease and with the $ rate low we're taking breakfast cereals, crisps, biscuits, squash, tea, coffee and only intend eating out once a day. I usually pack 5 or 6 outfits plus two swimmies each. We could get our clothes, shoes and electricals in one suitcase but my sister and I have a love of BBW so need the space for shopping

I hate this run up to the holiday (and wish I wasn't going) as I hate the travelling, fear that we may breakdown on the way to the airport, have a problem at check-in or an issue at immigration. I only relax when we're driving along Lake Mary Boulevard and pop in to Macdonalds for a milkshake
jmt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Suitcases are out; 2 between 3 of us and filling up nicely

We're staying in a condo so one is filled with clothes, shoes, washing powder, toilet rolls (to pack it out) and the other food. As I have Coeliac Disease and with the $ rate low we're taking breakfast cereals, crisps, biscuits, squash, tea, coffee and only intend eating out once a day. I usually pack 5 or 6 outfits plus two swimmies each. We could get our clothes, shoes and electricals in one suitcase but my sister and I have a love of BBW so need the space for shopping

I hate this run up to the holiday (and wish I wasn't going) as I hate the travelling, fear that we may breakdown on the way to the airport, have a problem at check-in or an issue at immigration. I only relax when we're driving along Lake Mary Boulevard and pop in to Macdonalds for a milkshake
Thought it was just me who hates the run up!,am very excited but this bit and the travelling stress me out!.luckily not too long to wait
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Glad to hear he is feeling well Nadya. We plan to take it little easier this time, so hope for good bit of pool time!

I will pm you a recent pic of us later, or at least one of DS so you can easily spot us.
Thanks,would be good to say hi!.never stayed at SSR before,so a new experience for us