Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jun 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Can anyone recommend a Disney Springs hotel for a family of 4?

Hi Dibbers,

We would like to try a different room to a 1 bed at OKW but with a 10yo boy and 4yo girl beds need to be considered... can anyone recommend a Disney Springs area hotel with good bus transportation to parks?

Thanks in advance,
Karen.x
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Saratoga springs? The living area is a little smaller but the bed rooms are still a decent size and the walk over to Disney springs or boat ride is fab
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Eviemaya
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi do you mean a hotel on Hotel Plaza Boulevard ? xx
Eviemaya is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lauraloop01
Earning More Ears

We stayed at the Wyndham, which was a great price, nice pool, walking distance to DS and decent bus transportation. Couldn’t fault it. It’s also got the 60 day fast pass option plus extra magic hours if you book via Disney.
lauraloop01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lauraloop01 View Post
We stayed at the Wyndham, which was a great price, nice pool, walking distance to DS and decent bus transportation. Couldn’t fault it. It’s also got the 60 day fast pass option plus extra magic hours if you book via Disney.
Laura, how did you find it on Disney’s website, I can only find their own hotels for our dates?
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by staryeyedbird View Post
Saratoga springs? The living area is a little smaller but the bed rooms are still a decent size and the walk over to Disney springs or boat ride is fab
Thanks for posting but we were ideally thinking of a non Disney hotel to potentially save money...
Karen. X

Originally Posted by Eviemaya View Post
Hi do you mean a hotel on Hotel Plaza Boulevard ? xx
Hi, yes, I do thank you
Karen.x

Originally Posted by lauraloop01 View Post
Hi, thanks for posting, which is the Wyndam please? Is it called the Wyndam Garden and also, when it advertised continuous bus service, is it actually continuous like the WDW buses do you know?
Karen.x

Edited at 03:45 PM.
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Smife
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
Hi, thanks for posting, which is the Wyndam please? Is it called the Wyndam Garden and also, when it advertised continuous bus service, is it actually continuous like the WDW buses do you know?
Karen.x
Hi, I have stayed at the Wyndham twice before going for a third this year, the buses run every half hour, they go to two parks for the same bus. So bus one goes magic kingdom and then Epcot (I think) and bus two goes HS and AK. (I think that’s the park system anyway). Hope this helps
Smife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I know that you said offsite to potentially save money, but if you're looking for next year, then I find it hard to save money at Disney Springs hotels vs onsite with free dining when you take food costs in to account. If beds are an issue (one I understand myself), then have a look at a preferred room at POR. All of the preferred rooms have 2 double and a pull down murphy bed, so ideal if you want separate beds for your children

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Smife
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

I would also like to add that the Wyndham garden has resort fees. I have to pay another $275 for my 13 nights in September. Another cost you can factor in.
Smife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lauraloop01
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Laura, how did you find it on Disney’s website, I can only find their own hotels for our dates?
You need to do it as a package with tickets. They offer 14 days for price of 7 and 60 day fast passes. The hotel itself is ridiculously cheap online outside of Disney but if you want the 60 days it has to be direct. If you’re not bothered, we found it for £59 a night. Even with resort fees that’s decent. I hate the Disney value resorts and kind of enjoy that slight distance.

Edited at 02:32 PM.
lauraloop01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List