Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jun 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

Mobile

To be honest, I thought we’d use our balcony more than we did.

We love a balcony on holiday, but it was so humid we didn’t enjoy it in Florida.

Everyone is different, but in future I won’t base my hotel selection on a balcony for WDW trips
LoopyDisney7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We rarely use the balcony. Just pop out occasionally for a few minutes. Then remember it’s hot out there and head back into the cool.

I really like both resorts and I’d go for the one that you really fancy but I wouldn’t be swayed guys balcony personally.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I think I’ve said it before on here, for us it’s no balcony no bookie! we don’t always sit out, but it’s nice to have to doors open and some fresh air, as the price isn’t much different I’d go for the balcony room x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another vote for the balcony.. After five moderate resorts we stayed at WL and sitting in the balcony first thing in the morning watching the monorail go past and the sunrise was awesome but especially at night having our adult night cap and watching wishes is so beautiful.. Roll on November and back to WL..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Trying to decide on which resort to stay at next year. It's a toss up between POFQ or AKL. AKL obviously has the balcony but I'm not sure if we would really use it that much apart from sitting out there in the morning with a cup of tea.

How important is a balcony to you? How much do you use it? I like the look of both resorts for different reasons and once I've upgraded the QS to DDP at POFQ it doesn't work out much cheaper than AKL (£300 for 14 nights to be exact) so I'm not sure what to do. Help!

Exactly our choice and our decision was no balcony. Having been many many times, not sure we’d get any benefit from a small balcony. we chose POR. Although I’m surprised at that price difference only being £300. I’m sure our quotes were far higher

PS

Remember the construction going on at AK next year. ... there’s a thread somewhere

Edited at 07:23 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneylife4me
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We stayed at OKW last August and quite honestly-the balcony is where my fondest resort memories were made! We had a 2 bed and it was huge-but there’s something about a Disney sunrise, coffee in hand, in the still of the morning. We overlooked the golf course and had the character in flight balloonin view too. Stunning.
Disneylife4me is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It depends. We often stay in a studio at OKW and the balcony is so small it’s not particularly enjoyable to sit out on. They also tend to be at the end of a building with a lot of foliage or near an air con vent. In a 2 bed villa however it was fantastic. We had a great view and the balcony is a good size. It was well shaded and we really enjoyed sitting out.
I wouldn’t choose a hotel for a balcony but if the hotel offered one I’d want it if that makes sense. It also depends on if you have a view. When we stayed at AKL we had a car park view so didn’t spend much time on the balcony.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Makes absolutely no difference to me. Don't think I've ever used one when we've had it at any resort except to stand out on to take pictures on the first day.

May be different if we had kids and needed somewhere else to sit and chat while they were sleeping but as adults, it's not an issue.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'm staying at the Beach Club next year and if I get a room with a balcony I won't use it, I'd rather just sit outside. So not important to me at all.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post

It would not be part of my decision-making. And definitely not for a Disney holiday, although it might be nice somewhere else for example if I have an ocean to look at.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List