Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Jun 18, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile How do you rate Disney Transportation?

Normally stay off-site in a villa, considering staying on-site for our next visit without a hire car.

How do those of you who’ve stayed on-site rate the Disney Transportation?

Easy to use? Realiable? Plentiful? Etc.

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

We stayed onsite in April and didn’t have a car - this was. First for use as normally we had a villa somewhere and a car, so were apprehensive at first. But it was really easy and no problem at all. Bus timetable was frequent and we never had longer than 20mins to wait. We did go offsite to visit the Outlets once but just used Uber (another first for us too) and that was very easy and cheap too.

We also played the Disney Golf courses whilst there, but if staying onsite they also arrange and pay your transport to/from the golf courses (we even left the clubs with Disney and they transported them to the next course for us each time)

When onsite I doubt we’d book a car in future as Disney transport was excellent, when off-site then yes.
Andy0502 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

If staying onsite it is brilliant, buses, boat etc, we had. O problems whatsoever with any of it.
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

We have never had a problem with onsite transportation, always efficient and so easy to use. 4th time this year and will be the first time we hire a car as staying in a villa.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

No problems here, possibly a bit of a wait on occasions but generally fine.

Added bonus if you get a chatty driver* who entertains the crowd. Some do... I think it must relieve the boredom of the job.

*The boat captains are the best!

Disney332
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We've never had a problem and now MDE app will include when the next bus is available from your resort to which ever park you want.

Old 19 Jun 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

only stayed onsite for 3 days so this is a limited view

we had a car but chose to use the bus, going to the park from all stars to MK, was fine , a bit of cavalier Qing and a 'family' with a granny in a mobility scooter who all boarded first with her... but coming back it was heaving, massive Q & then mobbed on the bus , think tokyo undergound, not something i would choose to do again for that reason but it works fine for the majority of visitors as above
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We don't use the buses but I must say they seem very good.

The boat transportation is excellent and we like a little potter about on them

The Monorail belongs in a museum!

The concept is awesome but they are too old, highly inefficient and well overdue to be replaced. Sadly they have kept the cars too long.
In the last 3 years doing 10 holidays to WDW we must have ridden it maybe 5 times! Always broken down first thing in the morning.
This April/May in 4 visits to the MK we never rode it once and jumped on the Resort one instead.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The buses and the boats are great. Service is frequent and there are some great bus drivers who make the journey an attraction in itself.
At peak times they are very busy, but I’m used to travelling on the tube so it doesn’t bother me.
I’ve not used the monorail much and it’s more to say we’ve been on it, rather than using as regular transport.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

We had mixed experiences with transport to Port Orleans Riverside... Generally OK, but be prepared for waits at peak times.
We also had a couple of occasions where we waited close to an hour for buses.

More often than not it was when we were at parks and trying to return that we had issues. We waited over an hour to get from Epcot to POR in mid-afternoon once. I ended up grumbling at the WDW twitter team.

Also worth remembering that boats don't run in lightning storms.. The POR/POFQ/OKW - Dis Springs boats for example stop when there's lightning in the area and you need to catch a bus.

There's a larger group of us going next year and I've said that I'm going to put aside some cash for backup... If we end up waiting >20 minutes I'll get a Minnie Van or cab.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List