Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
My 15 year old girls are the opposite in that they hate short shorts, skirts etc. In the end they got denim “middle aged women” shorts from Tesco as they were horrified at the tiny shorts in primary etc. Think I’m problem they only mother in the
World who wishes their daughters wouldn’t be so conservative.
Mine is like yours

Not because of anything I've said or done either. She just chooses not to flash herself (her words, not mine)

She's 17 btw

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’d let her get on with it. Rules in our house are no butt cheeks showing though!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Thank you everyone for letting me vent and for your advice and words of wisdom. Some really helpful advice here. Thank you x x x
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

Snap I have a 14 yr old dd i feel.the pain but she wants to be fashionable and like her friends. I.dont worry too much but draw the line at v short skirts or too plunging bras!
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jovimum
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I have the total opposite! DD16 has to have every bit of skin covered up! Even during lovely warm weather it is black skinny jeans, long sleeve top and a hoody - at a push she will swap the hoody for a long sleeve over shirt! It drives me crazy - i'm sweating just thinking about it!
Old 20 Jun 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Thank your lucky stars this is the only problem you have with her.

Let her wear what she wants, I like the no but cheeks rule.

Tell hubby to calm down and but out you are making the decisions he is going to have to deal with more than this with his baby girl over the coming years and his little girl is a beautiful young lady now .

Edited at 12:03 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

To put things into perspective. In England you can get married ( with parents approval) at 16. In Scotland you don’t even need parents permission.
So perhaps we treat our kids as younger than they are. A 15 year old is very close to being independent ... we have to let them make there way in life.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
To put things into perspective. In England you can get married ( with parents approval) at 16. In Scotland you don’t even need parents permission.
So perhaps we treat our kids as younger than they are. A 15 year old is very close to being independent ... we have to let them make there way in life.
That’s all well and good but I don’t know anyone who lets their 15 year old do what they like because they’re nearly 16 .
Reality is very different as is society today .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
That’s all well and good but I don’t know anyone who lets their 15 year old do what they like because they’re nearly 16 .
Reality is very different as is society today .
My 15 yr old is running her own business as a babysitter/dog walker. She is independent, chooses her own clothes, gets herself to and from school etc. She cooks for us all at least once a week, volunteers at the local charity shop one weekend day a week.

It would be a very odd conversation with me telling her what to do when she is so switched on anyhow.

Reality is very different indeed.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think at 15, other than abiding to a school uniform, she should have some freedom to choose her own clothes. Loads of 15 year old girls wear short skirts and why shouldn’t they.
Not sure I agree, as a mother of a teenager she wears what I suggest within reason.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List