Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Those going August have you got your dollars yet?

We got $700 back in May at $,1.41
Need more but the rate is not good and seems to be dropping
Have you got all yours yet or still hoping it will rise?
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

I'm gutted i didn't buy when it was $1.42, so now i am holding out but if it keeps dipping below $1.30 i might have to bite the bullet and order them
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smi
Excited about Disney

We got most of ours when it was 1.4 but still need to get some more. We are hoping it doesn’t drop any more but what will be will be.
smi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Nope not yet. I have the money waiting but I’ll just hold on for the mo. Worse comes to the worse I’ll transfer more on to my Starling account so I will get the best rate available when I come to use it.

D
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dan's Mum View Post
Nope not yet. I have the money waiting but I’ll just hold on for the mo. Worse comes to the worse I’ll transfer more on to my Starling account so I will get the best rate available when I come to use it.

D
This is what we are thinking but using our Clarity card.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

Not yet. I am unsure how much to take in dollars. I keep being told by friends they mainly use credit card so was thinking of taking between $500-700 dollars? Is that too low?
Sunnydays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I add dollars every week to my Caxton card. I know the rate is dropping, but I always do it this way.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I got some in April at $1.40 but need some more and also have a couple of hotels to pay for in dollars, I will be surprised if it goes up much before we go hope I am wrong.
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I got the revolut card and exchanged some when the rate was good, but still need to get some Dollars in cash and possibly exchange more, waiting and hoping the rate goes up a bit more
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

It was 1.40 odd the week before my annual bonus came in, then it fell like a brick but with all the financial sites expecting an upturn due to a Bank of England interest rate change... so I spent the bonus on outstanding balance for Universal tickets and a couple other things, and... the interest change then never came.

Ho-hum, so still to buy, but will probably await next month's pay to put a little more aside to compensate for the pound being on its ≈≈≈≈≈.