Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We live next door to a large well known holiday park. They often use drones to live stream views on their Facebook feed website etc. Last year constantly seeing three of them in the air late at night drove me nuts. Freaked my son out as he felt he was being watched when they flew over the house.
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Decent air rifle problems solved.😋
Better with a shotgun, more lead in the air gives a better chance of downing it
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

When we were in Cape Town recently we saw quite a few “no drone area” signs. Also saw someone get told they weren’t allowed to take their drone into Kirstenbosch gardens.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
Better with a shotgun, more lead in the air gives a better chance of downing it
Or one of these

bgr/2015/10/16/drone-def...adio-wave-gun/

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Last summer while on the beach in south of France there was one flying over while everyone was enjoying a day on the beach. It was really low but not low enough to reach and hovered over some groups of people. Officials on the beach weren't interested as a couple of families had approached them, it did make us feel a little uncomfortable
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

Last summer we had one fly over our garden a few times when we were sat in the sun. I couldn’t work out who it belonged to but dd was mortified to be out there in her bikini to find it hovering overhead. She made a swift dart inside and felt it was a real invasion of privacy.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
afcajax73
slightly serious Dibber

just throw a big rock at it. or get the pool skimmer and catch it, switch it off and wait for the person to come and collect. When they do, politely tell them to stop flying it around your villa or you'll catch it again and put it in the pool with the skimmer
afcajax73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
For anyone who thinks they are a good idea enter 'embarassing drone photos ' in Google.

My God that opened my eyes

If I posted them on here I would be banned for life.

I appreciate they can be fun but firmly believe they should only be used by professionals.

Interesting BBC article this week about how a man was saved from dying by a Police one.

bbc/news/uk-england-norfolk-44526984

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

For non professional use I hate them.
We live near a military base so I do hope it will be less easy to us them here.
The cheap ones can be really noisy ( I did see this couple trying to launch one without success up the road from me)
I would hate to be buzzed all the time by one when we were on holiday.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
I can’t say I’ve ever been exposed/bothered by one but the footage I’ve seen on one is not very clear. I don’t really see a privacy issue as you be hard pushed to identify any individual from drone footage I’ve seen on YouTube.

The noise would annoy me though were one to film where I was.
not sure what you have been viewing but a decent drone with a 4k camera will take broadcast quality footage?

OP we a few weeks back we where in the garden, the mrs had shorts & bikini top on and a drone flew over, then came back & hovered over out house for a couple of mins... quite disturbing to think someone is potentially filming us...

not sure where it came from and dont think there is a way to trace them?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List