Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

Talking My toilet roll puppy update

Hi everyone.

I wanted to share and let you all know just how much I am in love with my Barney. The first 2 weeks we had him I really struggled and I’ve never felt so down before. I now know I put to much pressure on myself to be the best puppy mummy I could. I tried to be perfect and that was just too much stress. I got a lot of support off a Facebook group for Labrador owners and they helped me through it. Due to popular demand on there I ended up setting up a Facebook account for Barney (Barney Allison) and every day I write a blog of what he has done from his perspective, it seems very popular lol He has more friends than me and from all over the world, he has lots of girlfriends! I'm at home all the time with him as I don’t work, well paid work... I am my DD full time carer so I have had the time to give him in the first few weeks and it’s proved to be very worthwhile. He is a wonderful puppy now and I can’t imagine life without him. Yes it was tough, very tough, so much so I said I would rather go through my neonatal baby (DD) days again but now that’s all forgotten and he is my baby... For those who are interested here are a few photos of his time with us so far. 18 weeks old already.. From hating the car ( he used to physically shake like mad,whine,cry and howl) he now loves going in and sits at the door to make sure he isn't left lol... took me many attempts slowly building it up and eventually all my hard work paid of. He is also so good with my DD and seems to know he needs to be different around her. I never thought I could be so attached to a dog and have so much love for him, I totally and utterly adore him...

mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

He is one gorgeous boy 💖
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

He's grown so much this past few weeks... What a handsome boy.
Our lurchers the same... Body still needs to catch up with his ever growing legs 😂🤣
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This has made my day!

AFter working late yesterday I had to do the same today so no gym, no proper eating etc.

We had a family labrador when I was a baby - we had him till I was 12 or 13. He was "my" baby!

But wow - he is gorgeous!

x x x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

If anyone wants daily posts search Barney Allison on Facebook and he is there, it’s one of his pics for his profile... send a friend request and I will accept it.
mousettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mousettes
Imagineer

So happy to make your day... xx
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
This has made my day!

AFter working late yesterday I had to do the same today so no gym, no proper eating etc.

We had a family labrador when I was a baby - we had him till I was 12 or 13. He was "my" baby!

But wow - he is gorgeous!

x x x
This sounds like me... Not the gym lol but the dog... We had a golden lab when I was little, my parents got him just before I was born and he died the day I left school he was with me all through my childhood and was amazing xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
He is gorgeous, We love Labradors. Thank you for the update and the lovely photos. They grow so quickly. I must stop looking as it makes me broody! We have a black lab and a terrier cross. You have lots of fun ahead of you all xx

Edited at 08:54 PM.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
He is gorgeous, has grown so fast and already losing his "puppy dog look" but I'm sure he is still full of mischief and fun. We have a Golden Retriever so very similar temperament and at six years old still acts like a puppy at times bouncing about like a mad thing.

I've just told DH I want another puppy but no chance of that happening

ps Would love to follow his blog so have sent a friend request.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

Gorgeous boy
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List