Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
A MAGICal Adventure WBTA / Day 6 Terrific Tenerife - 11/09/2014

Today we were visiting Tenerife. We got up at 8.30am and headed for breakfast at Cabanas. Whilst getting ready, Victoria knocked at the door to ask if we would look after Parisa today as she and Scott wanted to go Go Karting. At this time, I had believed that Oceaneers wouldn't accept children in the club unless parents were still on board. Later in the cruise we learned that this was not the case. In any case, it was nice to spend some time with Parisa as we barely saw her during the cruise!

20140911_092108 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

20140911_092120 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

So we picked Parisa up, and disembarked at 10am. Today the walk from the ship to the town was deemed too long for all passengers so everyone needed to get the bus to the town.

IMG_5327 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We walked around the port for a little while, but being 4 years old, Parisa wasn't having any of it, so we stopped off at McDonalds for an ice cream, and headed back on board at midday. We weren't all that fussed about seeing Tenerife anyway, so we didn't mind missing it!

We asked Parisa if she wanted lunch at Oceaneers (they serve sandwiches and fruit) or lunch with us. She wanted to have lunch with us, so we decided to go to Lumieres. Matt and I were headed to Palo for dinner tonight so I didn't want anything too heavy. I opted for the pork tenderloin, which was not at all heavy. Matt had the chuck burger and Parisa had the kids' pizza.

IMG_5336 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5337 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

During lunch, Parisa developed a new passion for balsamic vinegar!

IMG_5335 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After a very pleasant lunch, we dropped Parisa off at Oceaneers, having reaffirmed my belief that I am not ready for children

After changing, we headed up to deck 9 and sat at the Quiet Cove pool until 4.30pm before going back to the room to shower. Matt obviously went for a little wander, I love this picture!

IMG_3445 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

I loved port days because the Quiet Cove pool was quieter until about mid-afternoon

20140911_142914 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

20140911_143033 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Tonight's showtime was a 3D showing of Guardians of the Galaxy in the Walt Disney Theater...not my cup of tea at all, but Matt was keen to see it so I went with wet hair to dry it off a bit naturally and then in the hour between the film finishing and our Palo reservation, I would dry and style it.

The film actually wasn't that bad, I particularly liked the opening scene and Groot, and Matt really enjoyed it, though he declared that Avengers are way better!

8.30pm soon came around and I managed to get ready just in time!

IMG_3449 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We were placed in Andre's area again, which we were happy with as we enjoyed his service last time, and he allowed us to have a small pasta course before our meat entree was served. I enjoyed a Kir Royale to drink (which Andre didn't charge me for) and then we were served the bread and antipasti selections (pictured later in this trippie).

IMG_5344 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

For appetiser, I had Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp

IMG_5345 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

and Matt had the Mozzarella and Plum tomatoes

IMG_5345 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Mine was beautiful, I love the ragu; but Matt wasn't all that fussed about his. It was the only option for him, really, though. It was, at the end of the day, just mozzarella and tomatoes so nothing to get too excited about.

Our pasta course then arrived; I had the wild mushroom risotto. I had this on our last dinner at Palo and it was absolutely exquisite.

IMG_5348 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Matt had the Penne Arrabiatta which he thoroughly enjoyed, and because he doesn't eat seafood, I got the giant shrimp on top! Happy wifey!

IMG_5347 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

I am trying to encourage him to cook it at home!

A lemon sorbet was brought to us to cleanse the palate before our entree was served.

IMG_5349 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

We knew before we even visited what our entree would be. We agreed that our first visit to Palo would be the rack of lamb (which Matt had our on honeymoon) and the second visit would be the beef tenderloin (my choice last time). So tonight, we had the Oregano and Parmesan Crusted Rack of Lamb cooked medium-rare, and it was superb. We ate every morsel. I'll let you know whether the lamb or beef won the battle of the entrees after our next visit!

IMG_5350 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

During our entree, another Kir Royale arrived for me. Again, no charge.

After our plates were cleared, Andre told us he had done something a bit naughty...he had taken the liberty of ordering us each a Chocolate Souffle. We responded by letting him know that he had done absolutely the right thing. How you can come to Palo and have any other dessert is absolutely beyond me!

IMG_5351 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

After opening the souffle with my spoon, Andre wafted some of the smell towards me, and it was heavenly! The dessert is absolutely top notch and I am counting down the days til we can return to Palo for another! Being able to resist a second reservation is going to be tough for me!

IMG_5353 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

IMG_5354 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Tonight's adult entertainment was 'Magic Quest' which was described to us as an adult scavenger hunt. This was not for us, so we took the opportunity to have an early night, and turned in at 10.30pm.

Tonight's towel animal...a crab!

IMG_5343 by nataliepope183, on Flickr

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 14, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love. The look of the food in Palo. And your dress is very pretty on you, not one to wear against my pasty legs!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 14, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Ah i was in Tenerife on the 11th Sept wish i had known the Disney ship was going to be there i would have gone and had a look.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
The lamb looks so delicious, I could so eat that right now! x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by caj View Post
Love. The look of the food in Palo. And your dress is very pretty on you, not one to wear against my pasty legs!
Palo food is probably the best I've ever eaten! It is superb! Really going to struggle with one visit next year...might have to rethink
Thanks for the comment about the dress...there was a reason I left it til the tan had developed somewhat

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Ah i was in Tenerife on the 11th Sept wish i had known the Disney ship was going to be there i would have gone and had a look.
Awww what a shame! Hope you had a good holiday!

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
The lamb looks so delicious, I could so eat that right now! x
It was divine! Couldn't fault it! We ate and enjoyed every morsel!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
The food looks fantastic

Joan
Old 11 Oct 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looks great x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

I think next time we cruise I might try to get multiple Palo reservations
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fantastic day for you both

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mick View Post
The food looks fantastic

Joan
It was, every mouthful!

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Looks great x
Thank you and thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by Chilly80 View Post
I think next time we cruise I might try to get multiple Palo reservations
Please do! It's wonderful being able to taste more things! We agreed just one of each next time but I'm now thinking two dinners might be nice! Brunch was more 'samey' whereas dinner just feels more special!

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Another fantastic day for you both
It was, thanks for reading!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index