Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Any idea if this just related to flight and hotel or if the flight and car also has a comparable cancellation fee?
Looking at other posts it relates to the hotel and car only
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
When we booked for May 2021 the flexible booking policy only went out until 30th April 2021.

We booked in June 2020. At that point we would have been charged £150 to change flights or £100 to change car.

The rules have since changed, the end date for changes has moved from 30th April 2021 to 31st August 2021. We can now change with no charge as long as we give 3 weeks notice. Excellent customer service.
So if we booked mid June then if we cancel 3 weeks out we won't get charged a cancellation for hotel? I can't find anything paperwork wise that says that
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

On the website it states if you book before 30th September 2020 for travel up to 31 August 2021 you can amend your holiday free of charge or get a voucher to use by April 2022. We had to cancel this August and we had our voucher almost straight away and we have just rebooked with them again. Very easy and the voucher was applied to the new booking within 24hours.. Great customer service 😊
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by emwratten View Post
On the website it states if you book before 30th September 2020 for travel up to 31 August 2021 you can amend your holiday free of charge or get a voucher to use by April 2022. We had to cancel this August and we had our voucher almost straight away and we have just rebooked with them again. Very easy and the voucher was applied to the new booking within 24hours.. Great customer service 😊
Can I ask how this worked for you? Did you have to wait to receive the voucher before you made your new booking ( so you could use the voucher towards the deposit) or did you make the new booking, pay the deposit by cc then have the voucher applied to reduce the balance?

I’m not clear if we need to cancel whether we would need to wait to receive the voucher before making a new booking if we needed to. Also, did they charge you £100 for cancelling a hotel or car part of the package?
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I booked a flight, hotel and car package at the beginning of September for next May, then a couple of weeks later I called to add someone on the booking, was originally told that I would have to cancel lose deposit (£350) and re-book, then I spoke to someone else and he added on the additional person to the hotel and car free of charge and it actually brought the balance remaining down by £8 and advise just to book an additional flight and call to link the bookings, so I really think it depends on who answers the phone and how helpful they are
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
So if we booked mid June then if we cancel 3 weeks out we won't get charged a cancellation for hotel? I can't find anything paperwork wise that says that
As it reads on the conditions on the website it would appear if your booking is up to 31st Aug 2021 there are no fees.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

We originally were booked to Florida and called them to change it to Spain, so easy no loss of money at all they transferred the money straight on to new booking. Then Spain became a no go, they emailed us about this and sent us an email to confirm we would accept a voucher for cancelled booking. We received the email voucher the next day.
So now we have rebooked our Florida (fingers crossed) and we could have called them to use the voucher as a deposit, but we decided to pay our deposit and get the remaining money transferred to our new booking. The reason for this was we found a great price in sale and we didn’t want to mess around and the price change. After we made the booking we emailed BA with new booking ref and they applied the credit within 24hrs onto new booking we had made 😊
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 20, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Can I ask how this worked for you? Did you have to wait to receive the voucher before you made your new booking ( so you could use the voucher towards the deposit) or did you make the new booking, pay the deposit by cc then have the voucher applied to reduce the balance?

I’m not clear if we need to cancel whether we would need to wait to receive the voucher before making a new booking if we needed to. Also, did they charge you £100 for cancelling a hotel or car part of the package?
Sorry replied underneath x