Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Finally admitted defeat 2020 ...

With just under 2 weeks until our balance was due on our 14 nights at Coronado Springs, we finally admitted that Disney for us this year is not going to happen.

So I called Disney Holidays UK and spoke to an absolute angel called Peaches, who helped us to move the trip to 4th September 2021, (as they can't book past the end of September at the moment). To move the booking was free of charge, but by moving the date to next year we lost the Autumn 2020 discount, so we resolved that by changing the resort to Art of Animation. Coronado would have been new to us, but without the discount it was £400 more for next year, plus we were also losing the $300 gift card promotion. We had spent one night at AoA a couple of years ago before going on a Disney cruise, and we loved it there, resolving to spend longer there at some point, so this seemed a good opportunity to do this! The price was then £100 less that Coronado would have been for this year, plus we get the bonus of being at a Skyliner resort too, and having used that last year when staying at Caribbean Beach, we know how much we loved being able to leave the car and use the Skyliner to go to Epcot and the Studios.

Plus - big bonus - Peaches also managed to get my $300 gift card transferred across, too!

I changed our car parking and overnight hotel at Manchester airport online and really easily, (how I love Holiday Extras!), at a tiny cost of £9 extra which was just an increase on this year's prices.

Now I just have to wait for Virgin Atlantic to contact me after I messaged them …..

So pretty sad to have to move, but I feel more excited about the new booking than I had done lately about this year, which had only become a worry. Fingers crossed that 2021 holidays in Florida actually happen!
Old 21 Sep 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s sad you’re not getting there this year but at least now you have that worry gone and you can concentrate on planning for your trip next year x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

It's so lovely to have something to look forward to! Sounds like you've got a great plan 👍
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Sounds good , I’ve found HolidayExtras have definitely being one of the good guys this year too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
With just under 2 weeks until our balance was due on our 14 nights at Coronado Springs, we finally admitted that Disney for us this year is not going to happen.

So I called Disney Holidays UK and spoke to an absolute angel called Peaches, who helped us to move the trip to 4th September 2021, (as they can't book past the end of September at the moment). To move the booking was free of charge, but by moving the date to next year we lost the Autumn 2020 discount, so we resolved that by changing the resort to Art of Animation. Coronado would have been new to us, but without the discount it was £400 more for next year, plus we were also losing the $300 gift card promotion. We had spent one night at AoA a couple of years ago before going on a Disney cruise, and we loved it there, resolving to spend longer there at some point, so this seemed a good opportunity to do this! The price was then £100 less that Coronado would have been for this year, plus we get the bonus of being at a Skyliner resort too, and having used that last year when staying at Caribbean Beach, we know how much we loved being able to leave the car and use the Skyliner to go to Epcot and the Studios.

Plus - big bonus - Peaches also managed to get my $300 gift card transferred across, too!

I changed our car parking and overnight hotel at Manchester airport online and really easily, (how I love Holiday Extras!), at a tiny cost of £9 extra which was just an increase on this year's prices.

Now I just have to wait for Virgin Atlantic to contact me after I messaged them …..

So pretty sad to have to move, but I feel more excited about the new booking than I had done lately about this year, which had only become a worry. Fingers crossed that 2021 holidays in Florida actually happen!
We’ve done the same thing as you! 👍🏻Moved our POFQ reservations to POP century preferred rooms and kept the gift cards (we have two rooms) the cost to do this was so much cheaper (more than £1,200 to stay in standard rooms at CBR for example) than moving to a similar hotel. I know it’s considered a down grade to a value from a moderate but I’m happy with the skyliner and love the look of the new rooms at pop.

It’s funny because we’ve stayed at a deluxe and a moderate in the past so We’ll be able to compare wether the price difference is worth it. 😃

If any deals come out before next years trip then I’ll just cancel and rebook. Or, hopefully be able to add on the DDP at a later date if they don’t. 🤞🏼

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We’ve done the same thing as you! 👍🏻Moved our POFQ reservations to POP century preferred rooms and kept the gift cards (we have two rooms) the cost to do this was so much cheaper (more than £1,200 to stay in standard rooms at CBR for example) than moving to a similar hotel. I know it’s considered a down grade to a value from a moderate but I’m happy with the skyliner and love the look of the new rooms at pop.

It’s funny because we’ve stayed at a deluxe and a moderate in the past so We’ll be able to compare wether the price difference is worth it. 😃

If any deals come out before next years trip then I’ll just cancel and rebook. Or, hopefully be able to add on the DDP at a later date if they don’t. 🤞🏼

Kat
That's EXACTLY our thinking too, if any deals were to come out, we could at least rebook again, or add on the DDP if that reappears again and we decide we need it. We have also done deluxe, moderate, and value in the past, so now we are pretty much trying to get a different resort each time we go to see how many we can stay in before I retire and can no longer afford to go, LOL!

I'm so excited about the new trip, and I must have been more worried about going this year than I realised because despite being a bit sad about having to cancel it, I just feel SO relieved now. I think we are about to hit more lockdowns so the worry would only have gotten worse!

Both Disney and Holiday Extras have been fantastic to deal with regarding moving dates, fingers crossed that VA come through ……...
Old 22 Sep 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We've given up on 2020 too. Still have a flight booked for 30th October 2020 but will wait until it gets cancelled, I can request a voucher up to 48 hrs before if need be.

Got a backup booking to Lanzarote instead on 31st October 2020.

Have a May 2021 booking but will also be booking a backup DVC stay for September 2021 just in case that one goes up the swanny too.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

AoA is lovely! Nice laid back resort and the rooms are fab. Food court is brilliant too. Loved it just as much as the Contemporary and they had better cocktails 😉

Don't ever think of changing Disney rooms as a downgrade or upgrade, just a different adventure.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Defeat!

Really surprised that that "finally admitting defeat re 2020" is still a theme here?... Where have you been for the last 6 months?

However, please accept this in the spirit that it is sent, and whilst it is always nice to have something to look forward to, it is also somewhat a false hope to choose something that is never going to happen.

As the President has just announced 200k plus deaths in USA, the chances of any resumption of inter-continental travel resuming in the next year do look pretty slim.

And, the established Disney Experience has now changed forever.

Good Luck with Virgin, by the way.

Paul
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes all my flights now cancelled for 2020
But March and hopefully a long 8 week summer trip 2021 still on
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List