Old 27 Dec 11, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We have done villa, condo, hotel room and a disney studio with DD 5.

The hotel room/studio doesn't bother us at all.

It's not the type of holiday for us where we come back early and sit in for the evening.

We eat out, come in late and all go to bed pretty much the same time.

Think I sat on the settee at the condo once in October!

DD also likes the chance to meet 'friends' at the hotel pool (she is an only child)
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 11, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'd be fine with a room with my children, but we'd had dreadful problems with DD1 going to sleep if there's distraction in the past (thankfully now she's started school that's got a bit better, but DD2 aged 8 months has taken her role in this!); coupled with DH liking to stay up late and watch TV (and then snoring!), we've opted for a villa. We managed 4 nights in DLP in a room when there were 3 of us, but I know DH felt cramped with having to not make much noise (this was while there were big sleep issues). I think in 5 years time, when they're a bit older and able to stay up a bit later, we'll give the hotel sharing a go, but for us at this stage, it's based on age and sleep issues.
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 11, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I'd be fine with a room with my children, but we'd had dreadful problems with DD1 going to sleep if there's distraction in the past (thankfully now she's started school that's got a bit better, but DD2 aged 8 months has taken her role in this!); coupled with DH liking to stay up late and watch TV (and then snoring!), we've opted for a villa. We managed 4 nights in DLP in a room when there were 3 of us, but I know DH felt cramped with having to not make much noise (this was while there were big sleep issues). I think in 5 years time, when they're a bit older and able to stay up a bit later, we'll give the hotel sharing a go, but for us at this stage, it's based on age and sleep issues.
Same here - we stayed in the DLH (all 5 of us) and everyone coped OK apart from me! lol. I am the one with 'sleep issues' and any little noise wakes me up. I also think my kids would bicker if we were in one room for 2 weeks, which is why we have booked a 1 bed at OKW.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

We like the option of a suite hotel as this gives you a living room and a bedroom, TVs in both with separate kitchen and dining area. Hilton Grand Vacations 1 bedroomed suite is great for us but friends have stayed at Vista Cay, Floridays and Lake Eve in 2 bedroomed serviced apartments with their children and absolutely loved it. Perks of a villa but servicing of a hotel. Hope that helps.
Bonjovi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
BoPeep
Excited about Disney

BoPeep's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Both times we have been to Florida we have stayed in one room in an onsite hotel. This was nothing new to us as we also do this when travelling in Europe.
It does not bother us one way or the other. I like having the family in one room, it is all part of the holiday for me.
We also like the Disney bus transport-really excellent and less driving for DH.
I would like to try a villa but as I don't drive over there it would mean more driving for DH and that isn't fair, it is his holiday too, so we book onsite.
BoPeep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 11, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed 2 weeks onsite (POR) and 1 week in villa 2 adults 2 kids and preferred onsite. Having said that though we also have a toyring caravan so are used to sleeping in the same space iykwim . Villa for us is too far away, never really bother about romance on holiday but there are ways and means iykwim. We prefer the buzz a hotel has too, our kids have ASD and ADHD which means we are used to being up there at warp speed most of the time, a villa was way way way too peaceful

Edited at 09:50 AM.
Old 29 Dec 11, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post

As you can see there are many different views on this topic. Personally we could not afford to go to Florida when our children were young. We mainly went with Eurocamp in a mobile home. That was too cramped for me although the rest of the family liked it. Give me a villa anytime - now you know why I bought one!
Old 30 Dec 11, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post

We've always stayed in hotels off site with our dd from aged 5 - 20years old, even done 22 days in a hotel, I prefer suites which give you the extra room, we don't spend much time in the room as we're always out, so it's just a bed to sleep in really.

As other have said we have a good laugh and if there's any disagreements they don't last long as there's no where to go and sulk

A couple of times we've turned down the offer of a Free villa from friends, I'm happy with someone else doing the cleaning for us.
Old 30 Dec 11, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread