Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Costs when amending flights.

Hi everyone,
We have flights booked with Virgin Atlantic for February and thinking of changing the dates to later in the year. Ideally either May half term or July/August.

They have confirmed via WhatsApp that there would be no amendment fees, we would just pay the difference in fare.

For those that have amended recently, were the costs displayed on their website similar to what you paid when calling? I’m going through the dates on line to find the best price and wondered if this will give an accurate indication of the price?

Any experiences of this would be much appreciated.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

Hi,

I booked for summer 2021 yesterday using an open ticket from this summer with Virgin. Phoned up 35 mins on hold and 10 mins on the phone.

Price I saw on the website was exactly what the lady I spoke to could see, I did look around for the best price and route before calling. I was premium economy both ways on my original ticket but for just a bit more I have upgraded to upper both ways. Certainly at prices for upper I have not seen in 10 years!

I was simply charged the difference between my old ticket and the new one. No other fees.

I was MAN > MCO originally and changed to LHR > MCO, again no issue with this.

Having changed some flights in the past and being on the phone for an hour to Virgin it was great that it was so fast.

Jonathan

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yeah I changed mine from February to July school hols and was the exact price difference I had ...something that was a bit strange though was that the money took a week to come out of my bank account and I only received my new confirmation then
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jonathan
VIP Dibber

I think it goes to the ticketing team to make the actual change which is why it can take a few days.

---
44 trips from 2000 onwards.
jonathan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List