Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Nov 09, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
**** My Wedding Plans! ****Sept 2011

Hi Everyone!

As I have no Florida planning to share with you, I thought I'd share my wedding plans instead if thats okay..!

I love being super organised amd am very much a lists, lists and more lists person. So I have almost everything in place even though it's almost 2 years away - what can I say - I know exactly what I want!..Bridezilla anyone..? ! Moi - never!

Just to give you a (bit) of background, I have been married before, almost 10 years ago, I did the whole full day, church, wedding breakfast etc... It lasted about a year and I swore I'd never get married again...

Just goes to show that you heal and change over time and once I met Chris I knew I wanted to be married to him and he was the right 'one' Someone poasted the other day about is there anything good about marriage after all the not so good threads. I can honestly say after being through a bad marriage I absolutely can't wait to do it again as I know I'm in a much better place now! But I have to say I want this wedding day to be sooooo different from the last one!

Anyway, forgive my 'Oprah' moment - about my wedding...

It will be on 3rd September 2011 in Liverpool at the hard days night hotel.

we do like the Beatles but that is not why we picked the venue - it's a fantastic place - very unique and a bit quirky which is exactly what I (sorry we )wanted

I am very rusty with the whole adding photos thing so forgive me if they don't work but here we go...

The Hotel... (the angle of this photo is a little strange...)

This is Bar 42 - it's open to the public as well as hotel guests

This is the room where we will get married. It will be a civil ceremony.

The wedding rooms are all on the lower floor, separate to the hotel to ensure the hotel guests don't wnader into the wedding. There's a total of 3 function rooms that all lead into each other. The first is Hari's Bar - I love this room - it's very dark and moody... The bar is only small but they have waitress serive to balance this...

And this is the Zygmant Suite - the main function room where the entertainment will be. The Buffet will be in a separate room..

It looks very dark on this photo but it won't be when I decorate to match my colour theme - which I will tell you about later on...

This is the Lennon suite - this is what we'll be in on the night of the wedding

So thats our venue - we plan to get married late in the afternoon, there will be drinks and canapes, informal speeches leading into the evening reception with entertainment and a buffet...

I have lots of other things planned and sorted too which I will share with you soon...If there are any other brides out there feel free to PM me whenever to talk weddings if you are boring all your friends like I am - I could talk weddings allllllll day! And to the annoyance of my friends and work colleagues, I generally do!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 09, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

wow congratulations ! the venue is amazing ! keep us informed on your plans
maybe you could do us a pre wedding journel ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 09, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds lovely Colette and the hotel is beautiful. Liking the sound of all your plans so far.

I'm glad you've eventually found your sole mate and I hope you and Chris have a very happy life together
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 09, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
WOW, it looks fantastic. When I got married there were 2 choices, Church or Registry Office. Your choice of venue is fabulous,

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 09, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
the hotel looks out of this world. very nice indeed.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 09, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

The hotel looks fantastic, congratulations

It's fantastic you found someone who completely changed your opnion about getting married again, can't wait to hear more fo your plans.

I too could talk about weddings all day, my DFi proposed this year in Disneyland California and i got him to agree to a Disneyworld wedding and im so excited, even though it wont be till april 2012
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
The hotel looks fantastic, congratulations

It's fantastic you found someone who completely changed your opnion about getting married again, can't wait to hear more fo your plans.

I too could talk about weddings all day, my DFi proposed this year in Disneyland California and i got him to agree to a Disneyworld wedding and im so excited, even though it wont be till april 2012
oooooohhhh how exciting - a disneyworld wedding! I would have LOVED our wedding to be there but became a logisitcal nightmare with certain family members so we decided against it! would be fantastic though - cna't wiat to hear about your plans!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 09, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Big congrats honey. What an absolutely gorgeous venue, am a bit jealous now lol. Keep us upto date with ya plans x
Old 18 Nov 09, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Congrats. I am getting married next year - it is so exciting planning it all! Although I just can't believe how much there is do too and how much things cost when you mention a wedding!
Old 18 Nov 09, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Many congratulations.

The venue looks great.