Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 12 Oct 11, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Going round in circles, help me choose

My 1st and 2nd choices ( Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites) are now out of my budget ( due to me blowing it on RPR club level) so I have made a short list of accommodation on I Drive that almost meets my needs and meets my budget - but on each I have to compromise on something, and I just can't decide. Help !

These are my choices

Hampton Inn Universal Boulevard ( behind Homewood)- this ticks every box except it's not a suite - 2 adults and 2 teens in one room , hmm, we like to have a seperate bedroom as DH likes to stay up late watching tv. Also having a fridge seems to be hit and miss.

Hampton Inn and Suites I drive north (7448 I drive) -this ticks most boxes except location - we prefer the quieter end of I drive.

Hyatt Place 8741 I Drive - almost perfect, almost booked last night, but it doesn't have a guest laundry and we like to travel light and wash clothes to wear again .

What do you think ? or is there somewhere I haven't considered ?
it must have

breakfast included
2 double beds
prefer suite or at least a seperate sitting area
kitchenette or at least a fridge in room
laundry
walking distance to restaurants
and be £80 a night or less

Don't want much do I ?
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
moggitymog
slightly serious Dibber

we are staying at hawthorne suites westwood boulevard, booked package so not sure how much but it is a budget hotel, reviews are a bit hit and miss but i think it will suit us, its near seaworld

International plaza resort and spa - March 2009 Hawthorn suites, westwood boulevard - Nov 2011 New York - Nov 2014 Rosen inn, pointe orlando - Feb 2015 Enclave Suites - Feb 2018
moggitymog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

My friend stayed at Hawthorne Suits last year, 4 adults, wife,husband and their 19 and 20 year old, they were happy with it, used the transportation for the parks each day.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
have you looked at Parc Corniche, enclave suites, extended stay, Country Inn Universal

some good prices on travel republic, they have embassy suites but not sure if its the same one as you were looking at but it looks a good price
Old 12 Oct 11, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Have you looked at the Springhill Suites, same location as the Hyatt (behind Bahama Breeze)... we got it for £53 a night, continental breakfast included and laundry facilities on site
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Have you looked at the Springhill Suites, same location as the Hyatt (behind Bahama Breeze)... we got it for £53 a night, continental breakfast included and laundry facilities on site
Where did you get Springhill for that price ? or is it a King bed- they tend to be cheaper

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm looking at Hawthorn Suites Universal - a bit far north but seems to be the best of the bunch, the Westwood Boulevard one seems to be a bit lacking in places to walk to. Enclave don't do much of a breakfast, haven't looked at Country Inn, think I'll save that for tomorrow, my head is spinning
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
It was on Monarch's website site (hotels only) ... Have had loads of bargains on there over the years
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SyR
Serious Dibber

We're booked into to Extended Stay Deluxe Suits on Universal Boulevard, just round the corner from Bahama Breeze.

extendedstaydeluxe/pr...?frommobile=1&

It maybe worth a look as I think it may match your requirements.

It includes a free continental breakfast, laundry, kitchen area (with dishwasher) plus a sofa bed.
SyR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 11, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Ali ... I have the same top 2 as you ( embassy and homewood), also looking for good prices on them but just for 4/5 nights.
Will look out for your future posts on what you eventually decide.
With two sons I also need a suite for a little bit sanity!
Old 13 Oct 11, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SyR View Post
We're booked into to Extended Stay Deluxe Suits on Universal Boulevard, just round the corner from Bahama Breeze.

extendedstaydeluxe/pr...?frommobile=1&

It maybe worth a look as I think it may match your requirements.

It includes a free continental breakfast, laundry, kitchen area (with dishwasher) plus a sofa bed.

OMG ( I can't believe I used that expression) and I can't believe I have trawled countless websites and Google Earth and not seen this place. It looks perfect, thank you so much - I had literally just decided to go ahead and book whichever was cheaper of my top choices and to heck with the cost, so you may have saved me hundreds
Closed Thread