Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 14 Dec 11, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

OKW Mousekeeping.

Ok. Just a few questions. We arrive at about 7pm to OKW we are staying in a 1 bed villa. Will the sofabed/chair be already made up?

About what time does mousekeeping arrive each day is it am or pm? Will they make up the chair/sofabed daily?

How much is the going rate to tip?

Do you leave your tips in a certain place?

Will we get fresh towels each day?

I think thats about it for now.

I thankyou all in advanced for your help.
Old 14 Dec 11, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed in a one bed this year and had to make the beds up ourselves, also had to ring mousekeeping as there wasnt any pillows, then they fetched pillows but no pillow cases. They usual clean in the morning but not always. I used to leave 2-3 dollers a day on the island with a little thankyou note. If you put the towels in the bath you will get clean ones. If you need extra just leave them a note. Apart from the first day we found them excellent. Anything else just ask.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 11, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Thanks for that. Will they make up the chair/sofa bed everyday as I don't really want to have to do that every night? I'm wondering if we call on in advanced they could make up the chair/sofabed on the night we arrive? As we would have been travelling for ages and will probably just dump bags and go out to eat.
Old 14 Dec 11, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Once made up they just keep making them. We stayed using our dvc so only got housekeeping a few times. I think our beds should have been made up for our arrival and it was a mistake. We never put the beds back to sofas (too much messing about) Weleft them out for the 2 weeks. We just rearranged the room a bit to make it work better. You have another sofa anyway so there is tons of room-the villas are huge! We also got new supplies of toilettries, dishwasher powder, soap powder, washing up liqid, coffee etc each time. You can also take pool towels to the room if you need more in between. I often did this as the pool towels are more of a bath sheet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 11, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
]Ok. Just a few questions. We arrive at about 7pm to OKW we are staying in a 1 bed villa. Will the sofabed/chair be already made up?
It's really easy to make up the sofa bed / chair you basically just pull a few handles and the sheets are already on. Pillows can be either inside a special pocket area on the bed or in a closet (if they're stored in the bed there will be something to tell you that) The units are OKW are large enough that you can leave the bed set up all the time if you want without taking up too much floor space.

About what time does mousekeeping arrive each day is it am or pm? Will they make up the chair/sofabed daily?
They usually come sometime during the morning but it could be later in the day, you'll know roughly the time after the first few visits. They'll straighten the sheets on the sofa bed or change them but they don't put it away or fold it out for you.

How much is the going rate to tip?
We usually leave $1 per person, so $4 as there's 4 of us

Do you leave your tips in a certain place?
The kids leave their teddies holding the tip, otherwise you could just leave it on a pillow

Will we get fresh towels each day?
You could do but there will be a note about saving the environment and asking you to reuse the towels if possible. What we do is bung them in the tumble dryer after they've been used and that gets them lovely and fluffy again.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 11, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Thanks Jakki. After all of your Comments I kept on saying "Fair enough". Lovely, that will suit us fine.
Old 18 Dec 11, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We haven't stayed in a 1 bed at OKW, but at the other DVC resorts which just put the sofa away in the morning and pull it out again at night. It only takes 2 minutes and it's nice to have the space to sit and I find it feels more comfy with the sofa away. if we are going to be out late, then we will make up the bed before we go out so that we don't have to do it when we get back, but generally we just pull it out at bedtime.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 11, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneylover View Post
Thanks Jakki. After all of your Comments I kept on saying "Fair enough". Lovely, that will suit us fine.

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We haven't stayed in a 1 bed at OKW, but at the other DVC resorts which just put the sofa away in the morning and pull it out again at night. It only takes 2 minutes and it's nice to have the space to sit and I find it feels more comfy with the sofa away. if we are going to be out late, then we will make up the bed before we go out so that we don't have to do it when we get back, but generally we just pull it out at bedtime.
We'd normally do that at the other resorts but there's so much space at OKW, including a second sofa in the living room, that you don't need to fold the bed up every day

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 11, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I was just stressing that we could have tired kids and to start having to make up beds after being up maybe 24 hours was the last thing I needed. Im glad that they just pull up with a few handles and that they are ready made.
Old 18 Dec 11, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread