Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 11, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Garden Grocer advice...

Hi,

I an going to start getting sorted with a 'basics' order to be delivered on our arrival but was just wondering if anybody could recommed anything items that are close to our products was initially just thinking ofthe following...

breakfast cereal...at home dh has bran flakes, kids (both 6) only have basic cereals ie corn flakes/ wbix/rice crispies they dont like sweetened stuff..

bread.. at home warbies w/meal or hovis best of both

butter or marg for toast

which milk is like semi skimmed

something like croissant/brioch/crumpets..

coffee at home kenco really rich or nescafe gold

do we need bottled water

do they do a cordial like vimto/c.currant and apple

As we are on ddp at saratoga it really is just for quick b/fast or supper unless we have missed anything essentail.

Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
I will watch this thread with interest as as much as I love going abroad I like my home food comforts!

I am planning to order Kerrygold butter tubs that they have in the international section.
I'm sure I've read that the US breakefast cereals - even Kellogs seem to be sweeter than ours, so am thinking of taking it with me!
I think that semi skimmed milk is what they call 2% and I think bottled water is advisable as there is more flouride in the tap water in Florida.

Claire

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rexter;
Hi,

I an going to start getting sorted with a 'basics' order to be delivered on our arrival but was just wondering if anybody could recommed anything items that are close to our products was initially just thinking ofthe following...

breakfast cereal...at home dh has bran flakes, kids (both 6) only have basic cereals ie corn flakes/ wbix/rice crispies they dont like sweetened stuff..

bread.. at home warbies w/meal or hovis best of both (NOTHING SIMILAR IM AFRAID)

butter or marg for toast (KERRY GOLD OR LAND O LAKES)

which milk is like semi skimmed (2%)

something like croissant/brioch/crumpets.. (CROISSANTS)

coffee at home kenco really rich or nescafe gold (NO INSTANT COFFEE, TAKE YOUR OWN)

do we need bottled water (WE PREFER IT BUT NO NEED)

do they do a cordial like vimto/c.currant and apple (NO SQUASH BUT YOU CAN BUY GRANULES TO PUT IN WATER OR TAKE OWN SQUASH)

As we are on ddp at saratoga it really is just for quick b/fast or supper unless we have missed anything essentail.

Thanks in advance
Ive highlighted answers in red. HTH.
Old 28 Dec 11, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We buy the italian loaf & it's okay.
Old 28 Dec 11, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dawnjess
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyLover! View Post
Ive highlighted answers in red. HTH.
if you take your own coffee and juice do you declare it?
dawnjess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
BREAD - I like Pepperidge Farmhouse, but that is white bread. There are a few wholemeal breads on Garden Grocer and I don't think any will be particularly sweet (that's a problem with the white breads). Sara Lee Soft and Smooth wholewheat looks like it might work.

Cereal - Normal Kelloggs cornflakes, or rice krispies are available. You can get weetabix at a price. You could also try Cheerios which are fairly plain if you get a sensible flavor.

Squash
You can't get cordial unless you pay expensive 'international import' prices, but you can get Capri Sun, or Hi-C which are squash type drinks but pre-mixed. Look for 'Juice Type Drinks'. You can also get cartons of apple juice or orange juice.

COFFEE You can definitely buy instant coffee - it's less popular and there will be a coffee machine in your room and not a kettle, but if you'd prefer instant then look for Folgers or Nescafe. There will be coffee provided in your room. If you buy more, I would not recommend Maxwell House, we bought this last year and it was so bad that I chucked it out and bought some starbucks coffee instead as the maxwell house was so bad.

CROISSANTS - If you want to try an American alternative, look for Danish Pastries, we particularly like Entenmanns Cheese Danist Twist which is a long rectangular 'cake' that you slice (and can heat slightly in the microwave)
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
They usually have Robinsons squash in the 'English' aisle at Publix and Walmart but as Bev says it is certainly not cheap. My hubby usually buys instant coffee in a box of 10 little sachets for little over a dollar, we find them useful when we go camping in the UK too! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 11, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, it will certainly help narrow down the choices, but one last question... if you do take the coffee/tea do you need to declare it? if so is it alot of hassle and best not to bother?

Old 28 Dec 11, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread