Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mixed onsite/offsite stay - have I got this right re. FPs?!

We are staying offsite for a few days then onsite for one night then offsite again. I thought I had the FPs figured out but have just got myself in a muddle. Is this correct?!

1st day (offsite): book FPs 30 days before

2nd day (offsite): book 30 days before (ie. on the day after I book the ones above)

3rd & 4th day (check-in & check-out day for onsite): book both these at 60 days - and can do both days at the same time, when the 60 day window opens for the first day.

Remainder of offsite days: book at 30 days before, one per day, as the 30 day window opens up.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
We are staying offsite for a few days then onsite for one night then offsite again. I thought I had the FPs figured out but have just got myself in a muddle. Is this correct?!

1st day (offsite): book FPs 30 days before

2nd day (offsite): book 30 days before (ie. on the day after I book the ones above)

3rd & 4th day (check-in & check-out day for onsite): book both these at 60 days - and can do both days at the same time, when the 60 day window opens for the first day.

Remainder of offsite days: book at 30 days before, one per day, as the 30 day window opens up.
Actually, assuming Disney hasn't changed things recently, I think it'll work like this:

1st day (offsite): book FPs 58 days before - see below

2nd day (offsite): book FPs 59 days before - see below

3rd & 4th day (check-in & check-out day for onsite): book both these days - plus the 1st and 2nd days - at 60 days before the check-in date and can do all these days at the same time. The 60 days window covers everything from the current day all the way to the end of your onsite stay (i.e. it covers a total of 61 days).

Remainder of offsite days: book at 60 days before each individual day, one per day, as the window opens up.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Nimbus is correct . Just wait for your onsite stay and the fp for the trip will open up until your check out date, then a rolling 60 day for the rest .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
That's really helpful - thanks guys! Seems like I would've been better to have my onsite stay towards the end of the holiday then, if all the previous days open up then too... oh well!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
That's really helpful - thanks guys! Seems like I would've been better to have my onsite stay towards the end of the holiday then, if all the previous days open up then too... oh well!
Actually, not really.

If you had your onsite stay at the very end of a 2 week holiday then you'll only be able to book fastpasses for the first day from around 47 days beforehand, the second day from 48 days beforehand, etc.

Whereas, if you have your onsite stay at the very beginning of a 2 week holiday (i.e. on your first day) then you'll be able to book fastpasses from at least 60 days beforehand for every day of your holiday.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Actually, not really.
Whereas, if you have your onsite stay at the very beginning of a 2 week holiday (i.e. on your first day) then you'll be able to book fastpasses from at least 60 days beforehand for every day of your holiday.
Oh, I seeee! I misread your original post and didn't spot that you said it was also 60 days for the rest of the holiday, after our onsite stay! I assumed that reverted back to 30 days. Brilliant - thank you! Gawd, I've read so many threads on FP bookings that I really thought I had it but obviously not, yay!