Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Apr 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
I love rollercoasters Rip Rocket and Hulk are great, but dont worry your completely safe on rollercoasters.

Why dont you go to a UK theme park, I recommend alton towers and build confidence on the coasters there. At Alton Towers rollercoasters are tame compared to any I've been on in orlando.

start off light (these coasters dont go upside down and are not high)
runnaway train
rita (fast but no upside down)
thirteen (drops a level and goes backwards, but again not high, not very fast and no upside down)

then take it up a notch (these two do go upside down)
Nemisis
Galactica (formerly known as Air)
Oblivion (this one I wouldnt class as a rollercoaster, its just one big drop. But its still an achivement if you have a fear of hights).

and then (I've put this last because I feel its history will put fear in people on this)
Smiler (lots of going upside down on this one, but if you can do the above you'll be fine)

I've never been stuck on a rollercoaster or had any problems. its easy for me to say this but you need a plan to build your confidence up. A plan like this could help, I would put RR and hulk in the same level as Air and Nemises if you can do them two you'll be absolutly fine
Oblivion was cool - just one drop, but over in seconds. Smiler was intense. Thirteen is quite fun actually, very tame. Rita is one big burst at the start and that's it. Orlando coasters are a bit faster/bigger than the UK in my opinion.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I visited Florida 4 times before braving a rollercoaster.

I chose kraken on the last day on my fourth visit and loved it. I then travelled back Gutted I didn’t do all those other rides for all those years.

Fast forward to my 9th visit in November and I’ve ridden everything’s into the double figures.

My logic and thinking was if I didn’t like kraken I wouldn’t like anything else, falcons fury remains my favourite closet followed by the hulk
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm a rollercoaster wimp, first visit I missed many rides which I later regretted. Second visit first day, first ride RRR front seat. Scared the life out of me, couldn't choose a song as so nervous ended up with the RRR theme tune. Felt awesome after and then went on every ride. Only ones I wouldn't ride again are ToT really hated it! And manta as I thought my head was going to explode.
Old 12 Apr 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Well I was scared on Everest...
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
skj
Earning More Ears

I didn't do Hulk but hated RRR. I enjoy rollercoasters and will try anything but my head got battered on RRR and it felt like my teeth were chattering the whole time. Not pleasant!
skj is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
hazeybabe
Dancing with Tink'

I am a wimp too but after 3 Orlando trips decide to try RRR didnt like it cause climb and lap bar, loved the hulk and Rockin Rollercoaster and TOT!
hazeybabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I've found the Hulk is worst nearer the back. It seems to be thrown about a lot more the further back you are.

But on all coasters I find sitting firmly back in the seat and making sure your head is supported makes the ride so much better. You're not jolted about.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven't ridden the coasters for a few years now, I used to like kraken and hulk- smooth rides.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
VIP Dibber

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Im a wimp... used to love coasters years ago (at alton towners nemises used to be no problem although 3 times without getting off one year was a bit too much) - hate heights with a passion and not so keen on oblivion either although did it a second time just to see someone elses reaction)

These days I dont do coasters really - I dont mind aerosmith and quite like the mummy - trick is they are both in the dark and I cant see how high I am or what comes next

If I was forced to do an outside one I would probably go for Kracken but the initial climb is the one thing stopping me ... or maybe hulk... but would rather stand and watch still while hubby and kids go on them - Im the one chatting to 'random strangers' or people watching
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

I am the biggest wimp in the world!

That being said, The Mummy is a great coaster! It’s inside, with a lap bar. It’s fast but there are no big drops and no loops. Great special effects and story.

I’ve always been too chicken to ride hulk or RRR...
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List