Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 May 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
All work and no play! Not likely! Day 22 - on our way to Naples.

Mon 21st May - day 22

Up bright and early, I need to strip the bed and wash the bedding!

Showers are had early so all the towels can go int etc wash too. Richard cleans the shower and I do the bathroom floor and sink.

We clean out the fridge and the kitchen.

We have the tiniest Owners Locker ever, it’s a case of shove everything in and lock the door, it will all fall out on top of us at Christmas.

We realise that the U.K. based half of our MC is here in Florida so we nip round to see her a d drop off a comforter that we don’t need anymore. They like to keep spares in case of emergencies.

Back to the villa and we take some last minute photos.

We say Goodbye to our home, it’s been amazing to stay here for a whole 3 weeks. I’m sad!😭😭

It’s very hot, cloudy and humid this morning.

We hit the I4 and drive straight into a crazy 5 minute shower!

The weather gets a bit better the further south we go but we still have a couple of moments like this!💦💦

We call at Ellenton, sadly not for the Outlets! We need Gas and lunch!

We go to the Wendys Drive through, we don’t want to leave the car with all the stuff in it.

More of this!

And 7 minutes later it’s like this!

We check at the Bellasera, our favourite hotel.

We get hugs from the Staff, we don’t even have to give them our names, they know us! It’s a lovely welcome.

We sit outside on our patio area with a beer, the weather is gorgeous!

We walk to our Starbucks and have a coffee then head to Publix for chicken for dinner. We have salad and garlic bread to use up.

That’s a very large Bacardi and Coke!

A little stroll around the grounds and see the sunset.

We get a camera alert at the Villa, our guests have arrived!

Well half of them have! It’s close to 10pm so we all know how they are feeling!

2 adults, 2 kids, one huge argument on the drive!

Apparently the other car containing the grandparents has got lost!

They are the grandparents with the door and alarm codes!

I can hear them calling my MC for the door code so I call my friend who lives round the corner, she’s just about to put her jammies on!

They set the burglar alarm off!

Thankfully my friend arrives and manages to convince the Sheriff he doesn’t need to attend! Thank goodness! False call outs incurr a fine of $100 when we get 3 of them! I’ve had 2 already from the guests from hell!

The guests are in! I call them to make sure they’re ok, they will be when the Grands arrive! They do finally turn up half an hour later!

I’m now stressed! Night all xx

Edited at 12:07 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Selina. So now you are in Naples. If my memory serves me right you said this was the last time you would be staying here as the prices have gone insane but you got a good deal for this trip - or did I imagine that?
Villa was looking nice when you left. That drive was so typical of Florida, bit of rain, bit of sun etc.
Always nice when staff at a hotel recognise you. Chill out time now with no DIY to be done.
Enjoy the week.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Have a peaceful relaxing time always tense till we know guests have arrived safely and are in the villa
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice to see you settled in Naples after a ☔️ Drive.

Glad your guest are sorted in the end

Joan
Old 24 May 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Selina. So now you are in Naples. If my memory serves me right you said this was the last time you would be staying here as the prices have gone insane but you got a good deal for this trip - or did I imagine that?
Villa was looking nice when you left. That drive was so typical of Florida, bit of rain, bit of sun etc.
Always nice when staff at a hotel recognise you. Chill out time now with no DIY to be done.
Enjoy the week.
Erm... yeah... hold that thought! We’ve spoken to our friend on reception and have booked for a week at Christmas! She’s done us a good deal but it’s still expensive! I can cancel it though if we decide we can’t justify the money!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Have a lovely time in Naples,
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mairsy
Being a bit Goofy

Love Naples & the Bellasera. I can recommend their sister hotel The Gullwing Beach Resort in Fort Myers it’s just perfect👌🏻
mairsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I know the independent marketing manager for these hotels (albeit I haven’t contacted him in quite a few years) so if you go again feel free to contact me and I’ll drop you his details. We tend to stay Lely in Naples now, but he used to get me great deals on the hotels, not sure if he still can but will be worth a try.
Old 26 May 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
[QUOTE=YorkshireT;13272771]I know the independent marketing manager for these hotels (albeit I haven’t contacted him in quite a few years) so if you go again feel free to contact me and I’ll drop you his details. We tend to stay Lely in Naples now, but he used to get me great deals on the hotels, not sure if he still can but will be worth a try

Thank you so much for that. We have booked for Christmas and our friend has done us a great deal, I think we’re saving about $1000!