Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 07, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Wink Which tickets to go for?

Hi, I wondered if anyone can give me some advice over which tickets to buy please? We are not travelling until next April, and because there is sooooo many different passes for everything it seem a bit of a minefield to me! Our party consists of 2 adults and 2 teenagers (17yrs & 15yrs). We would like to do the following:- Universal (1/2 days )Magic Kingdom(1day) Epcot (half day) Animal Kingdom(1day) Seaworld(1 day). Typhoon lagoon (2days) Blizzard beach (2 days) wet n wild (1day). We love water parks! The rest of the time we will either be shopping or around the pool and we might even go down to clearwater for a couple of days. Any help or advice on getting the cheapest passes etc would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 07, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

As your going to three flexi parks Universal , Wet and Wild and Seaworld i would get a four park orlando flex ticket.

Not sure about disney but can't believe you wanna miss MGM it's my fave

Old 28 May 07, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Last year was my first time and we bought the 14 day ultimate for Disney and the 4 park flexi for Universal, SW and Wet 'n' Wild.

We were there for 2 weeks and this gave us flexibility as we didn't know what to expect and how to do it.

Possibly not the cheapest way but didn't know about the DIBB nor other ticket selling sites.
Old 28 May 07, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post

:)

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Last year was my first time and we bought the 14 day ultimate for Disney and the 4 park flexi for Universal, SW and Wet 'n' Wild.

We were there for 2 weeks and this gave us flexibility as we didn't know what to expect and how to do it.

Possibly not the cheapest way but didn't know about the DIBB nor other ticket selling sites.
Thanks for that, Just noted that you visited the Sheraton Vistana, (that's where we are going (the one on i-drive). How did you find it?
Old 28 May 07, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

There's little difference in price between the 7 and 14 day Disney Ultimate tickets, so I would go for the 14 days to give you maximum flexibility to come and go as you please.

The 4 park flextickets would also give you maximum flexibility for Universal, Wet & Wild and Seaworld for 14 days.

Shop around for the best deals.
Old 28 May 07, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I think i am going to the LBV site in August - will let you know when we have been

I booked it through an exchange company but Virgin also use it so it can't be bad.
Old 28 May 07, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Most people on their first visit tend to go for the 14 day ultimate and 5 park flex. Allowing for maximum flexibility as there's no point travelling that far to find your choice of ticket limits you.

However, if you'd like to save maybe £100 for your party and you know exactly how long you plan on in each park then a possibility would be the normal 5 park flex (allowing flexibility and lots of repeat visits) plus MYW Water fun & more (for 4 water park visits you'd need to start at a 4 day base but I've noted that the 5 day is cheaper so try that combo) e.g. 5 days in main WDW parks plus 4 Visits (eg TL/BB) at $252 (inc tax).

It depends whether the odd £100 matters to you as if you've paid thousands on 'the trip of a life time' then go for the 'best' in terms of not limiting yourself and not having to worry about it.

TBH we haven't benefitted from the flexibility of the 'usual' tickets as there's only so much time per trip anyway. If it rains then sometimes on your itinerary there's not a spare day to revisit a park anyway.

Now we buy odd combinations of MYW (no expiry option) and AP's and plan our itinerary accordingly.

Are you going for 2 or 3 weeks though?
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 07, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
paulac
Imagineer

No wish to throw a spanner in the works but as you like water parks... Did you know that Seaworld are opening a water park in March 2008? It's called Aquatica and I would imagine it will be included in the flex ticket at some point. We are also going next April so may wait to see what happens with the ticket options nearer the time.

Paula

Sept 1998 - Sheraton Safari Hotel
Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites (now Nickelodeon)
Aug 2002 - Villa
Aug 2005 - Cypress Pointe Resort - & Universal HRH
Aug 2007 - Disney Caribbean Beach Resort
Apr 2008 - The Fountains, Disney YC & Universal RPR
Aug 2009 - Cypress Pointe Grande Villas & Universal RPR
& Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
paulac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 07, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone for your replies
Old 28 May 07, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread