Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Oct 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
One bit of info which we found was a bit of a negative. You have to go to the first performance of Fantasmic, and you have to eat first. For us, this meant we had a reservation for dinner at 4.45pm Mama Melrose. As late eaters, that's way too early for dinner!So on the plus side, the priority seating gave us by far the best view we've had in four Fantasmics, but the early dinner time would prevent us from doing it again.
Thank you, that is useful to know. Could we book a lunch reservation for Fantasmic package, does anyone know? We prefer evening meal later too so maybe a lunch at Mama Melrose would be a better option, then 1st performance of Fantasmic and a snack or qs meal after the show.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Thank you, that is useful to know. Could we book a lunch reservation for Fantasmic package, does anyone know? We prefer evening meal later too so maybe a lunch at Mama Melrose would be a better option, then 1st performance of Fantasmic and a snack or qs meal after the show.
You can do any time that the restaurants are open for the dining packages, up to a few hours before the show. So a lunch is fine.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can do any time that the restaurants are open for the dining packages, up to a few hours before the show. So a lunch is fine.
Thanks again Loldis, lunch will be the best option for us then 😊
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

One bit of info which we found was a bit of a negative. You have to go to the first performance of Fantasmic, and you have to eat first. For us, this meant we had a reservation for dinner at 4.45pm Mama Melrose. As late eaters, that's way too early for dinner!So on the plus side, the priority seating gave us by far the best view we've had in four Fantasmics, but the early dinner time would prevent us from doing it again.
It's been like that for as long as we've been going. They use it to help fill up restaurants at quieter times and I've never seen anything last 5pm when I've booked, so I don't think they should really call it a dinner package. We usually go for a late lunch, around 2.30pm and then take a light bite in to the show to eat before it starts 😊

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 06:53 PM.
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

That's a good point from you both - lunch is a good option. Lunch at the Brown Derby would be an indulgence! We do love Mama Melrose though.
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bbhogan
Trying for More Ears

Hi,

First time on QSDP next year. I've read this twice but can't see the answer to my question:

Can you substitute your included drink in a QS meal for a side/snack?
2019: Cabana Bay Resort
2020: Flights Booked
bbhogan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bbhogan View Post
Hi,

First time on QSDP next year. I've read this twice but can't see the answer to my question:

Can you substitute your included drink in a QS meal for a side/snack?
You can usually do this at your resort but not at a park. Some cm's may allow it at a park if you ask but usually it is only at the resort as you have your refillable mug to use for drinks at the resort
Old 28 Oct 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

I searched to try to find out more about what alcoholic drinks you can choose from. In the DDP.pdf from the link in the initial thread starter post it says that alcoholic drinks aren't included after saying in the link itself that they are, because the pdf covers only 2017. Here is what it says in the link:
"Rapid Fill refillable drink mug is valid for the length of your stay, eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney hotel. ‡For 2018 arrivals, where 'beverage' is included for table service meals and quick service meals, the guest may choose any non-alcoholic beverage, or from a selection of the beer, wine or mixed drinks available at the location (21 years of age or older with acceptable proof of age). Please note that the Disney Dining Plan entitlements may be subject to change; terms and conditions apply."
Does anyone know whether the 'selection of beer, wine or mixed drinks' is listed anywhere?
An alcoholic drink is included in 2018? That's great! I've upgraded to DDP from QSDP on the free dining, so it's even better value now, even if only DH and I can have a drink and the teenagers are on soft drinks.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hey guys. I need help. I’ve just gone past the 180 days so I can start booking restaurants. We’re only on the quick service dining plan but I believe that we can use it for the be our guest restaurant. Do I have to make a reservation for this? Or do I just turn up on the day I want to go? Not quite sure how it works? Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nuttynat View Post
Hey guys. I need help. I’ve just gone past the 180 days so I can start booking restaurants. We’re only on the quick service dining plan but I believe that we can use it for the be our guest restaurant. Do I have to make a reservation for this? Or do I just turn up on the day I want to go? Not quite sure how it works? Xx
yep, you can make reservations for this and you need to if you want to eat there as it is very difficult to get.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List