Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 May 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Queuing system looks rubbish. I don't want to turn up at 10am and be given a FP for 3pm!

I may look at giving this place a miss in August unless things improve significantly
🗿Me too. We are also due to go at the back end of August. I watched a few of the opening day vlogs on YouTube (love the coaster one) but I don't fancy waiting around all day for one ride. So I agree with you, unless it improves (which I'm sure it will), then I think we'll give VB a miss 🌋🗿
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I know that
I think it will all calm down anyway, be interesting what happens when they shut for a storm though, does the queue reset itself?
Yep that would be interesting 😂 Don't think they've had that scenario yet.

From some experiences I've read on a fb page they've said that the Tapu Tapu goes haywire when the ride goes tech already and people who've waited hours already for the slide's wait time just vanishes 😳👀.

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
nasty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Koi's & Windum
Earning More Ears

Bring back Wet & Wild!

I would think in a storm the VQ pauses for how ever long the storm lasts.
Koi's & Windum is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

just found this review on another forum seems fairly balanced and answers a few questions

At noon upon arriving, most wait times were already in the 200-300 minute range. The first slide we got into the virtual queue for had a 120 minute wait but I only ended up waiting about 45 before taputapu notified me it was time to ride. The same thing can be said for every other slide. While the wait times posted were very long, I only ended up waiting about a third of each posted time. Rode all the slides aside from the three in the volcano and the punga racers which were down most of the day.

Employees were extremely patient and friendly to everyone, even the very angry guests (which there were a lot of around the middle of the day). The majority of the crowd there today seemed to be foreigners and the general public who hasn't been following the progress of this park's creation and was definitely not aware of the opening week struggles.

There were several issues and small problems throughout the day but nothing so major that it ruined the entire day. My taputapu stopped working at one point during the day so I had to get a replacement from guest services, the computers in one bar were having trouble taking debit/credit card payments for a few minutes, the aqua coaster went down at least two times during the day and people had to be extracted from the ride (took about 20 mins each time), and the quick service pizza place screwed my pizza order (bbq sauce on the hawaiian pizza instead of the bbq chicken pizza I ordered). But in each of these instances, the staff was very apologetic and did their best to correct the situation. Got the correct pizza and got to keep the one that was a mistake, got a one time express use after getting the new taputapu, etc.

The park still has a good amount of finishing touches that need to be completed like cabanas, tapu picture spots, the star gazers cavern, and some additional landscaping/ground work. Also definitely dissapointed the closing tmes got changed to 8pm because this park will look gorgeous at night. Overall, the park is presentable but it is obvious Universal could have benefitted from another 2 weeks or so of work before opening. Still, it was a very fun day, food was good, wait times dropped drastically after 5pm (Some slides even became walk ons), and the transportation situation was very hassle free with many busses on hand.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Phew, sounds more positive. I am sure once the initial teething problems are over it will be a refreshing change from the traditional queue in the hot sunshine.
Old 28 May 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The chance of getting on all the rides in peak season is going to be minimal without the optional fast passes. It will be the same as all the other Universal parks where standard ticket holders wait hours for rides whilst FP customers whizz pass!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

It's the same at Disney you have to wait ages for rides if you don't have a FP especially the more popular rides like SDMT/Soarin/Test Track etc. It's just an unfortunate part of life in major theme parks nowadays, even happens at Six flags and other regional parks.
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Your always going to have long wait times here, people who usually would not wait in line for a slide will wait in a virtual line so nearly every one in the park are going to tap into a ride just because they can, they may not ride and this will be the reason you may see wait times drop.
Its a bit like the old FP system at Disney people ran round the park gathering FP tickets to every ride, then at the end of the day they would throw half of them away.
By doing this they prevented others from FP in that selected time.
I have 14 day tickets to get in here in September but I think I will be giving it a miss.
I can not see the point of wasting a day in a park not even knowing if your going to get on one slide.

You also have to link your credit/debit card to your Tapu Tapu in order to pay for a locker, so not only do you pay $15 for the locker but also any other charges your bank may apply to your card for using it abroad

The size of the tapu tapu wristband is ridiculously big

And Universal are looking to integrate the Tapu Tapu to the other parks

Edited at 12:36 PM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

I read that the posted wait times were just guesstimates. As they don't have accurate live data on how quick guests can be processed on the rides. It should improve the longer it's open.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Just been reading this thread about wait times from 200-300 minutes.

Does anyone know, or can explain how this new system works and what is going to happen?

I know you tap into a ride with your band, so lets say you approach a ride with a 300 minute wait, does that mean you stand in line this long, or tap in and come back 300 minutes later, therefore no waiting?

We are going this year, and with it being new just wanted some tips/advice as to what we have to do when we get there and how it all works?

Thanks everybody!
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List