Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jun 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

We have never seen crowds like this in all the years we have been coming. It is gay day in MK plus the schools are out.we waited 30 mins just for the ferry across. I had a FP for splash but even the FP line was snaking around the back. We hopped on the train back to the entrance and left for some pool time. We did notice loads of mickys at the turnstiles turning blue and people being denied entry.dont know what that was about though
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
craaazyuk
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are here now and we too are finding it really busy. We are used to the last two weeks of August so I was not sure how much of this was normal as we did expect it to be busier than what we are used to. Have to say fast passes have been invaluable with a 3 year old in tow as we have done most rides we want to with no wait and made sure we are there early, leave for a break in the afternoon then go to another park in the evening. I have been very lucky with some of the fast passes we have been able to book on the day but I would say the last couple of days have really picked up with crowds now. It certainly hasn't ruined our holiday but I think we will stick with August in future. Biggest problem for us has been the buses from POFQ, not sure what they are normally like as this is the first time we have stayed at this hotel but it has not been unusual for us to be waiting 30 mins for a bus and then when it turns up it is full from POR.
I think we will stick with August and go back to CBR next time 😊
craaazyuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Biggest problem at this time of year is school trips where thousands turn up and book whole hotels!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Biggest problem at this time of year is school trips where thousands turn up and book whole hotels!
Not American schools, they've already broken up for the summer.

Edited at 11:13 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Our first ever trip was a June trip. Since then, May and September have been the month of choice with the exception of one Christmas trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
When do they go back as a rule?

That's a hell of a break if it's not until first week of September like the UK.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
When do they go back as a rule?

That's a hell of a break if it's not until first week of September like the UK.
It's about a week before the end of September. They have 3 months off
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It's about a week before the end of September. They have 3 months off
I think you mean August Bev?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
They may have broken up now, but up until the 25th May there were a lot of American school parties in the parks.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by craaazyuk View Post
We are here now and we too are finding it really busy. We are used to the last two weeks of August so I was not sure how much of this was normal as we did expect it to be busier than what we are used to. Have to say fast passes have been invaluable with a 3 year old in tow as we have done most rides we want to with no wait and made sure we are there early, leave for a break in the afternoon then go to another park in the evening. I have been very lucky with some of the fast passes we have been able to book on the day but I would say the last couple of days have really picked up with crowds now. It certainly hasn't ruined our holiday but I think we will stick with August in future. Biggest problem for us has been the buses from POFQ, not sure what they are normally like as this is the first time we have stayed at this hotel but it has not been unusual for us to be waiting 30 mins for a bus and then when it turns up it is full from POR.
I think we will stick with August and go back to CBR next time 😊
This is exactly the problem that we're having. We are staying at POR at East Depot and the bus stops seem to be packed every morning. We've been lucky as we haven't been waiting for the bus that everyone wants but there have been a lot of disgruntled guests who have been waiting 30-40 minutes for a bus and are missing dining reservations.

We are due to return with the family in 2019 and Neil and I have decided on returning to CBR.

We probably haven't had a true experience of POR because it's so busy (I would wager it's running at capacity due to the CBR refurb) but on the whole, we prefer CBR. Sorry POR fans!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List