Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jul 17, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rufus1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by beswicky2k View Post
Thanks for a great review... very informative. We are going in August and have decided to try it out but we will arrive during the late afternoon and hope for the best!
that's my thoughts too, im verging on avoiding the place as amazing as it might be an over crowded or full to the brim waterpark is going to be little fun. so will most likely turn up one day in the afternoon with a back up plan if hugely busy head somewhere else.
AKL& POR Riverside 2017
boardwalk and POR 2019
Rufus1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Thank you for your great review, we are staying onsite so was thinking of using the early entry but after your review and watching Tim Trackers video of when they arrived late afternoon we are thinking of doing that instead. Also the park looked stunning at night on the video
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
People head to the water parks early as it rains in the summer afternoons/evenings. If you can get a dry afternoon then it sounds like the perfect time to head to Volcano Bay
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Fitz
Serious Dibber

Fitz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Great review and appreciate it. I love the look of Volcano Bay and the rides look great etc, but I'm still struggling to find the desire to go. The more I read about it the more i'm put off by it. Water parks for me have always been rest days effectively and this park sounds far to rushed and manic in terms of rides and layout. These virtual queues have me so underwhelmed. Maybe its just as the park is new and the kinks are still being worked out, it will settle.
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Just purchased Aquatica tickets and hoping it won't be a busy as VB!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Is there a charge to park at volcano bay and do you still use the same carparks for other theme parks. I realise there is a bus to catch also. How well did the bus work or can you walk. Thanks.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the review. We're hoping to spend lots of time at VB as were staying RPR and doing a Universal only holiday. It'll be either mornings or evenings.

Regarding found Tapu Tapu and linked credit cards. Yes you would have to enter a PIN. Also if your a family, you can set which tapu tapu bands can use them as payments and you can set spending limits individually. Which is good if you give your children the freedom to purchase their own things.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Is there a charge to park at volcano bay and do you still use the same carparks for other theme parks. I realise there is a bus to catch also. How well did the bus work or can you walk. Thanks.
$20 to park which is $20 more than the Disney parks.

You will need to catch the bus from the car park AFAIK
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the review op. Really hoping there will be less crowds when we go in November. Re. The changing wait times, I can understand how this could happen but wonder if there will be issues if you decide to do something like eat and it suddenly drops.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

A great review! We can't wait to visit in a few weeks time
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List