Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Stuck on hogwarts express today!

We got stuck on the hogwarts express today!
In our cabin we had a conductor who had only been working on it for 2 weeks.
Universal were dreadful at sorting things out.
We broke down within 40 seconds of pulling out of the station.
We were then stuck for around an hour in a cabin which the windows don't open, plus the doors wouldn't open. All the electricity was off so no light, no air conditioner no nothing.
The young lady had no idea what to do and no one was making contact to say what was happening.
All I can say is it's your worst nightmare.
As the time was passing the cabin was getting hotter and hotter.
One of the passengers decided to get the fire extinguisher to put the windows out... this she was persuaded not to do.
Other passengers started kicking off. Lots were having panic attacks.
At no time within that hour did any person from universal let us know what was going on.
There was absolutely no communication from outside.
Someone did shout through the door after about 45minutes, letting us know they were going to smash the train door in.
The young girl conductor was told to attach this net around the frame of the door (this was inside the train).. this my husband had to do as she wasn't strong enough to do it.
Still no air conditioning or light had been put back on in the cabin.
It just kept getting hotter.
People were really starting to get upset and wanting to know what if anything is any body doing...
The young girl could only say... im sure they are doing something but nobody has told me anything yet!
Obviously this wasnt instilling anybody with confidence.
Temperatures were now very extreme.
Eventually the door next to us was pulled off.
We were all helped over a gap onto a metal frame which was about 40 feet above ground.
To which we were then evacuated.
The staff greeted 140 passengers with 12 small bottles of water?
These run out very quickly!
Universal failed dramatically on this occasion...
Once this train sets off everything is locked down by electricity...
Not one window can open. They can not open a door. They really need a better plan for this type of incident as this was becoming dangerous with the heat involved.
As we walked back to the station people from universal were saying sorry and offering fast passes for other rides?
Funny feeling it will be a while getting that problem sorted... Starting with the lock down of the doors!

Hogwarts express is closed for now!

Edited at 01:25 AM.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Oh dear. I hope it didn't spoil your holiday too much. I would have had a full blown panic attack I think!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
3boys
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Oh no... what an awful experience. I would definitely be complaining about that. The outcome could have been very serious for some passengers. Glad u are ok to tell the tale but doesn't give you confidence. Did the panel under the window do anything...i know they mention that very quickly before each ride! Too fast most of the time. Glad u are ok
3boys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh wow - and today that was the hottest I have ever had it in Orlando - feel sorry for you
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That's just so crazy! It's the no communication that would annoy me most, I could put up with it once I knew that the "powers that be" were aware of and doing something about the situation. It sounds like a right mess organisation wise, wouldn't you imagine there would be an intercom system on the train or something.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh my goodness. That sounds horrific. I think I'd have had a panic attack. I'm not a fan of enclosed spaces at the best of times.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

How awful. I've been really disappointed with the organisation within Harry Potter at both parks the last few days.

The locker situation at Hogwarts and Gringotts is awful. Olivanders was not enjoyable at all (I fully expected to queue to get in there and actually thought the queue near it in Hogsmeade was the queue for the shop!) and honeydukes can not organise a queue to save their lives! I also understand that people want to take pictures but they stop and block the whole road, so it's difficult to get past. So many people just care about them and what they are doing, no awareness of people around them!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Oh goodness, hope you are OK. Definitely put in a complaint while you are there - this needs to be addressed.

Kjw2017 - go to Ollivanders in Diagonal Alley, it is much bigger and can accommodate more people.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think I might give that ride a pass when hot. Must have been unbearable for you all. I surprised no one was really ill. I wouldn't have coped with that situation very well at all.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Nic1982
Getting Excited

Mobile

That's crazy, must have been horrible for you. Doesn't it have any emergency exits? what would happen if there was a fire, doesn't sound like they could get people off quickly!
Nic1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List