Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Sep 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
storm_fan
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile 'Special' Dining Ideas for 2 Adults

Hi! We're going to Disney for our honeymoon in April 2018, first time for both myself and my husband. We're on the quick service dining plan, but we're wondering what everyone would recommend as a dining 'treat'.

So far we hope to book Be Our Guest (on QSD) and Ohana (Paid for) for breakfast. We're not massively into 'posh' places, and open to breakfast or dinner ideas. We've read mixed reviews about dessert parties (although we both LOVE fireworks so they sound amazing)

What would you lovely people suggest?
storm_fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely california grill for a late dinner and watch happily ever after from the terrace! We also loved yachtsman steakhouse we were treated very well!

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
California grill brunch on a Sunday was fabulous
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'll second California Grill brunch - so far this is still my favourite meal at WDW and it's amazingly nice and relaxed with fantastic food!
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by storm_fan View Post
Hi! We're going to Disney for our honeymoon in April 2018, first time for both myself and my husband. We're on the quick service dining plan, but we're wondering what everyone would recommend as a dining 'treat'.

So far we hope to book Be Our Guest (on QSD) and Ohana (Paid for) for breakfast. We're not massively into 'posh' places, and open to breakfast or dinner ideas. We've read mixed reviews about dessert parties (although we both LOVE fireworks so they sound amazing)

What would you lovely people suggest?
I could never describe BOG breakfast as a "treat" on any universe and definitely not if I were on my honeymoon. It is a relatively interesting setting but other than that it is a big and noisy canteen with mediocre and over priced food. I went twice and will fit it into my next trip too, but only because we are on the DP, it is a nookanle QS and it gets me into Fantasyland early.

As others have mentioned the stand out dining experience for us was the Sunday morning California Grill brunch by an absolute mile.

I would like the idea of the VIP firework viewing but I only wish it was a savoury canapé fireworks party because I don't really like desserts. But if you do, then that sounds like a lovely idea.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
storm_fan
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks everyone! Sounds like California Grill will be on our list 😀. To be honest it's the setting for BOG that makes us want to go 😀
storm_fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I have to echo the comments from the others recommending the Cali Grill Brunch on a sunday. Absolutely brilliant and unlimited mimosas too!

We loved it, it felt so special and different. Not cheap but well worth it!

The view is brilliant and if you keep your receipt you can go back up to the viewing platform that evening to watch the fireworks
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Do you have a budget or the sky the limit? California Grill is great, but pretty expensive. Is a $200. meal something you want to do? I love Flying Fish but it, like all Disney restaurants, are on the costly side. For a less expensive table service, Olivia's at OKW. Also any of the restaurants at AKL. I think Boma is quite reasonable and food is interesting.

I am assuming you want to stay on site?
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 04:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
I have to echo the comments from the others recommending the Cali Grill Brunch on a sunday. Absolutely brilliant and unlimited mimosas too!

We loved it, it felt so special and different. Not cheap but well worth it!

The view is brilliant and if you keep your receipt you can go back up to the viewing platform that evening to watch the fireworks
Oh, yes, I forgot about the unlimited mimosas! And there is also the live music too!

I was supposed to have brunch there last Sunday but it got cancelled because of the hurricane.

Just remembered I'd posted some photos from my California Grill brunch meal in March before, reposting them here

Old 18 Sep 17, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

We have booked HIGHWAY IN THE SKY DINE AROUND very expensive but its for a special Birthday
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List