Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Sep 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Child cruelty or not you decide

Over the last couple of days on the parks it’s been 32+ degrees and ultra hot standing in line waiting for rides

The amount of small children 5 years and below and babies of around 6 months in these ques that have been crying or been upset because the parents choose to stand in ques for hours on end

Is this not child abuse/neglect

Maybe I am getting old
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Child abuse no, poor parenting choice perhaps. But you never know the full story so I wouldn't judge.
We were in the parks in August so it was very hot & humid. My DS was good for the most of it but had his moments. If someone accused me of child abuse because he was having a whinge I'd be quick to correct them. His biggest crying session was because his sister kept standing on his shadow...
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I was paranoid when we took our 6 yr old Granddaughter with us this August.
I bought her a hat and new sunglasses, she was plastered in suncream and was resprayed all the time. I wouldn't let her have more than 45 minutes at the pool and I made sure she was drinking water constantly.

Sun damage as a child can haunt you later in life.

However I question why anybody lines up at all. We didn't do any lines and spent the entire holiday riding on FP's. OK it means for example you can only do SDMT and FOP once in a day but thats about it really, all the rest are fine.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I was paranoid when we took our 6 yr old Granddaughter with us this August.
I bought her a hat and new sunglasses, she was plastered in suncream and was resprayed all the time. I wouldn't let her have more than 45 minutes at the pool and I made sure she was drinking water constantly.

Sun damage as a child can haunt you later in life.

However I question why anybody lines up at all. We didn't do any lines and spent the entire holiday riding on FP's. OK it means for example you can only do SDMT and FOP once in a day but thats about it really, all the rest are fine.
Yes! Why on earth anybody joining a queue that's posted at 2 hours is beyond me. We managed numerous fastpasses just using the MDE app, the longest queue of the entire trip was for popcorn before rivers of light
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Seriously! Child abuse? Neglect? Because they are queuing for a ride at Disney! Never heard anything so ridiculous in my life hot or not you have no idea why they were whinging or crying, mine used to do it for the slightest reason especially a supermarket queue, they don't want to wait they want to get whatever done NOW lol.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

but, strange as it may seem, lot of people going to theme parks (especially for the first time) don't know about FP+ or how advantageous it can be if used well.

No OP, its not child abuse. Its not nice to witness, and as a parent I'm sure it can't be fun to try to manage young children in long lines.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
Seriously! Child abuse? Neglect? Because they are queuing for a ride at Disney! Never heard anything so ridiculous in my life hot or not you have no idea why they were whinging or crying, mine used to do it for the slightest reason especially a supermarket queue, they don't want to wait they want to get whatever done NOW lol.
Steady on, there's no right or wrong answer to this question. i think it's a valid debate from personal experience of Dibbers with children. It doesn't hurt to check 'reality! 😇 Xx
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’d say no. You don’t know the whole story and so many are quick to judge where kids are concerned when having meltdowns.when mine was 3 I said no to a hot wheels car, I’m scared for life with that one. You would have thought I had chopped his arms and legs off the way he reacted. Mortified.
Anyway why don’t cms explain to people with kids about fastpass at the queue line when they know fastpass is available. You never see that happen and yes loads don’t know about fp. Not everyone is on the dibb!
And yes there is bad parenting , parents on phones taking no notice of the kids.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I've said this about Disney many times over the years, I've never seen so many unhappy children in one place ever.

It must be like boot camp for them, the parents can take the strain but the younger ones not so. Their day is micro-managed by Fastpasses ADR's and whatever else the parents have lined up for the minutes in between.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Can you be more specific with what you've seen? I'm here now with a 1yr old and 3yr old and we've been in lines, obviously. My little girl had a good cry yesterday in queue for Peter Pan she wanted to go on it's a small world.
Our queue limit is 25 mins with the kids and managed through FPs but they aren't always available. It's very hot and very busy here at the moment so it's a case of managing things. My 3yr old I can explain things to though and she gets the concept of waiting, my 1yr old obviously doesn't. I'd be deeply upset if someone thought of me as neglectful if my son was having a cry simply because I won't let him leg it up the queue line. Nothing to do with the heat, he just wants to run free.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread