Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Sep 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
This thread has just reminded me of a situation we had early on in the holiday, I'd blanked it out but DH reminded me.

It was the day after we arrived and we decided to see how the kids would get on in the theme parks by a very short trip to MK. We were staying at the Poly so it was just a short monorail ride.

We let them sleep in until they wanted to and had a lazy morning in the room. Everyone was well rested when we went to MK. I didn't want to push them so we decided to do the people mover first. It was my son's first trip and I wasn't sure how he'd be with rides so we thought a walk on was best. He loved it and was giggling throughout.

We decided to try the carousel of progress next as it's obviously opposite, cool and again no queue. It was busy but we got a nice seat a few rows in. We took my daughter on this at the same age as my son was now and she loved it so we thought it was a safe bet. How wrong were we...

The show started and for a few scenes my son was ok but for some reason at one random point he found it scary and that was it. I did everything in my power to keep him calm, shielded his eyes, got his muslin, got his dummy, sung to him, anything I could but he was just scared. He didn't cry continuously it was intermittent but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't leave as it's moving and we were in a middle row. All I could do was 'shhhh' and comfort him until we could get out. And boy, did I want out of that theatre! My 3yr old daughter on the other hand sat there delightfully and watched it all without a peep.

The thing that really upset me though was you could see I was doing my best but the woman behind was clearly very annoyed. Tutting and sighing and making comments to her husband. I could understand she was upset but I was really stuck. My son had never given me any indication he was scared of the dark or loud noises or anything and I genuinely thought this was a good introductory show.
When it stopped I got up and turned round and apologised to her. I was relieved to see she had a child with her herself so thought she'd appreciate me explaining. I explained that it was his first show and I had no clue he'd be like that I was was deeply sorry he was crying. As I was explaining she walked away from me and then shouted "oh don't worry, I understand. He's just a little brat and you can't control him"
I was so upset, we had to leave the park.
Wow! Just slightly speechless
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
This thread has just reminded me of a situation we had early on in the holiday, I'd blanked it out but DH reminded me.

It was the day after we arrived and we decided to see how the kids would get on in the theme parks by a very short trip to MK. We were staying at the Poly so it was just a short monorail ride.

We let them sleep in until they wanted to and had a lazy morning in the room. Everyone was well rested when we went to MK. I didn't want to push them so we decided to do the people mover first. It was my son's first trip and I wasn't sure how he'd be with rides so we thought a walk on was best. He loved it and was giggling throughout.

We decided to try the carousel of progress next as it's obviously opposite, cool and again no queue. It was busy but we got a nice seat a few rows in. We took my daughter on this at the same age as my son was now and she loved it so we thought it was a safe bet. How wrong were we...

The show started and for a few scenes my son was ok but for some reason at one random point he found it scary and that was it. I did everything in my power to keep him calm, shielded his eyes, got his muslin, got his dummy, sung to him, anything I could but he was just scared. He didn't cry continuously it was intermittent but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't leave as it's moving and we were in a middle row. All I could do was 'shhhh' and comfort him until we could get out. And boy, did I want out of that theatre! My 3yr old daughter on the other hand sat there delightfully and watched it all without a peep.

The thing that really upset me though was you could see I was doing my best but the woman behind was clearly very annoyed. Tutting and sighing and making comments to her husband. I could understand she was upset but I was really stuck. My son had never given me any indication he was scared of the dark or loud noises or anything and I genuinely thought this was a good introductory show.
When it stopped I got up and turned round and apologised to her. I was relieved to see she had a child with her herself so thought she'd appreciate me explaining. I explained that it was his first show and I had no clue he'd be like that I was was deeply sorry he was crying. As I was explaining she walked away from me and then shouted "oh don't worry, I understand. He's just a little brat and you can't control him"
I was so upset, we had to leave the park.
OMG unbelievable. What a horrible person. It never ceases to amaze me just how nasty some people can be, when there really is no call and especially with her having a child with her. I think as a mum/parent we have all been in situations with our babies/toddlers when you want the ground to open but sometimes you are just stuck with no where to go. Sorry it ruined your day and I see why you blocked it out but people like that don't deserve a second thought.
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Wow! Just slightly speechless
I know! I was truly shocked. You know when you're in a situation and the outcome is totally not what you expected? It was exactly that. I was really takenaback.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Edited ...

Edited at 11:32 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
OMG unbelievable. What a horrible person. It never ceases to amaze me just how nasty some people can be, when there really is no call and especially with her having a child with her. I think as a mum/parent we have all been in situations with our babies/toddlers when you want the ground to open but sometimes you are just stuck with no where to go. Sorry it ruined your day and I see why you blocked it out but people like that don't deserve a second thought.
She was really viscous with it too if you know what I mean? She just walked away as I was speaking and waved her hand dismissively at me and then almost spat the words back at me. Then when we got out she was shouting things at us from afar. My son of course my this point was back to smiling totally oblivious!
I wouldn't mind but she can just walk round and go straight back on as there was no queue.
Luckily it was early on so we've had lots more fun times to make up for it.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
A child's perspective ...

I saw this months ago and it really cracked me up.
You might know this but if you like her, she's an actress, she does loads of these all scripted and has an Instagram channel you can follow. Parents script her lines for social media fame. She's called Mila Stauffer and has 10k followers... instagram/mila_stauffer_
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

[QUOTE=alkel2730;12867237]You might know this but if you like her, she's an actress, she does loads of these all scripted and has an Instagram channel you can follow. Parents script her lines for social media fame. She's called Mila Stauffer and has 10k followers...

So it wasn't her view but her parents, so sad.

The kid is exploited.

Edited at 11:33 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

A child's perspective ...

I saw this months ago and it really cracked me up.
this girl is obviously coached she has loads of vidoes on youtube...

awful
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

So it wasn't her view but her parents, so sad.

The kid is exploited.
Yup. She's all over social media. I don't think it was her parents view either to be honest, all the videos just play on stereotypes and common views.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I wouldnt call it child neglet just families trying to get on and have fun, my dd got a burnt head at 19 months as she had very little hair. She had a hat but kept throwing it, She was in the buggy but I tried to keep her out of the sun as much as I could and cake her head with sun screen. It would be lovely to go to Florida at a cooler time of year but the schools forbid it, so July and August it is!
Closed Thread