Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Apr 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Acts of Kindness

Has anyone ever had an act of kindness that has made a day and created a memory.

We we're eating at Rose and Crown on bottom layer by the lake. During our main meal the american family above knocked over their water over our table (just table nothing on clothes). They were so sorry and too be honest it was just an accident.

When we went to pay (we had gone three courses bottle of wine and beer)they had paid our whole bill. Being British obviously we protested but would not take no for an answer

This was nearly ten years ago and we still talk about it now as the nicest act of kindness we have had.

This inspired us that once a holiday we try and do one random act of kindness, this could be passing on a fast pass to others, buying multiple balloons and giving them out etc. Something small that hopefully in a way makes people days.

Have others experienced or complete acts if kindness when in Orlando.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've given the 10% off vouchers that come from receipts. Small things!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

In the old days of fast passes we would purposely get top attraction fast passes ( the ones that used to run out) before we left early and hand them out on our way out.

Edited at 02:34 PM.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by June8th View Post
In the old days of fast passes we would purposely get top attraction fast passes ( the ones that used to run out) before we left early and hand them out on our way out.
We used to give away fast passes too
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had loads of quick service credits left one year so we were sat in cosmic rays & randomly picked a family that had about 4 kids & we used some of left over credits to get their meals...they were most grateful & a lovely family
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely post. We have given FP and had FP given to us. Unfortunately you can’t do that now. Love the balloon idea
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm so pleased other people do it. I thinks it's so easy to take for granted going on a regular basis as for some people it really is a once in a lifetime holiday.

We are looking to go back again next year with my daughter born January this year and so will be taking notes on what others do, as it's not about how much it costs it's the reason for doing it.

(Note balloon idea always look for families with birthday or first time badges. I gave a lady a ballon to who was celebrating her 80th birthday with her family and it had the same affect as a small child)

ps when giving a balloon to a child always talk to the parent first!
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I always have a chat and give discount codes in Ralph Lauren to Brits in the queue .. every little helps

Have given away credits in the past and usually leave stuff like pool toys with other families staying at Disney.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
samthewriter
Trying for More Ears

One time at the Ellen ride, in the big room with the screen before you go in, I was saying to my mum that my shoe was rubbing on my heel and making it blister, and a woman standing behind me gave me a plaster (or bandaid - she was American). Very kind and unexpected!
samthewriter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Not in Orlando but in DLP a family approached us as we were entering the park and they were leaving early and had Hotel fastpasses. They gave them to us as they no longer needed them, I was so shocked and really made our day!
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List