Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 May 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Smudge93
Trying for More Ears

"Hard To Get" ADRs

Hey Guys!

So my ADR day is finally imminent!

I thought I had everything planned as I've worked out park days, restaurants and times that suit us (so many spreadsheets!) but now I'm having a panic on what order to sort out the reservations!

There's two of us and we're doing DxDDP (we must be mad!) so there's quite a lot of reservations to make, so I was wondering what restaurants people recommend trying to get ADRs for at bang on 11am?

So far my order is:

BOG Dinner for Day 7
Cali Grill Dinner for Day 2
HBD Fantasmic Package for Day 10
Crystal Palace Breakfast for Day 2
Boma Breakfast for Day 8

Still left to book after those 5 are (wait for it - this is a long list!):

Sanaa Dinner for Day 1
Jungle Navigation Lunch for Day 2
Cape May Cafe Breakfast for Day 3
Sanaa Lunch for Day 4
Jiko Dinner for Day 4
Sci-Fi Lunch for Day 5
Yatchman Dinner for Day 5
Tusker House ROL Breakfast for Day 6
Homecomin' Dinner for Day 6
Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch for Day 7
Narcoossee Dinner for Day 8
Garden Grill Breakfast for Day 9
Via Napoli Lunch for Day 9
Teppan Edo Dinner for Day 9
Bon Voyage Breakfast for Day 10
Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch for Day 11
Citricos Dinner for Day 11

... Please don't judge us for the amount of food we plan on eating!

Every day after that first ADR day I'm fine with as it's got obvious choices to reserve first (i.e Cali Grill Brunch on Day 12, Tiffins Dinner on Day 13 and CRT Dinner on Day 15), but with this many to do on the same day any help with order to do them in would be much appreciated!

Thanks Everyone

Smudge xx
Smudge93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

BOG may be easier to get now it's going Signature as paying 2 credits will put some people off, although it depends if they also reduce the capacity. Hard to know this soon though.

From my experience, I would bump Garden Grill breakfast up your priority list. That was actually my hardest ADR to get a decent time on, and that included several 8am BOGs and a dinner there as well!

California Grill was one I slotted in later and was fine for getting a two top on, although I would keep it high up the list if you want to try and time it with the fireworks - I wasn't fussed about that. I'd be surprised if you have any trouble getting Boma though so I wouldn't top 5 that.

ETA: Is your Sanaa Day 1 your travel day or first full day? If it's travel day, I wouldn't make an ADR and just see how you feel on the day. You might be able to make a last minute reservation there if you feel up to it, or just do a walk in at the lounge. Last thing I ever want at the end of a travel day is a TS meal though.

Edited at 10:11 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

I would second making Garden Grill a priority if your looking for an early ADR. I booked at 11.10 on ADR day and could only get 8.50am when ideally I wanted 8am to eat and get to Soarin before 9am opening.

Your list looks amazing - please do a food report!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Your list looks great 😀. We wanted Bon Voyage breakfast for our first morning, which we did get for 7.30am. However, the next day I tried to change it for 8am (just felt 7.30 was a little early) but there was no availability until 10.20. I kept our 7.30 as I am sure we will be awake early. But it does seem very popular, so it may be classed as quite hard to get.

I would add, don't worry too much. We got all our ADRs at the times we wanted at 180 days out.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Great question! I have also been thinking about what order to book things in when the time comes so the advice here is great. Especially about garden grill! I also am hoping for an 8am brekkie and hadnt anticipated that being one of the more sought after ADR's, so I will bear that in mind.

To the OP... please do a food report! Your list looks almost identical to mine! How exciting! 😁

Edited at 12:48 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I would drop your Fantasmic package at hbd further down...into the second tier tbh. I’ve never had a problem getting that one.

I would move Crystal Palace up if you want a ppo Adr. I got 825am for day 1 initially, but by checking and registering for mousedining alerts I managed to move it up to 815 and then finally 805am about a week before.

Also ROL breakfast at Tusker I didn’t think was easy to get. There were no early openings at all, so we ditched it as I like an 8am adr there.

Garden Grill depends on your time...I got a 9am at 11pm the night before, but there were no ppo to be had.
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 03:27 AM  
Link to this Post

I would book then in any order, none will be difficult to get at 180 days out. You are only likely have problems if there are refurbishments or tables have not been released for some reason.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I would move Homecomin up your list it is very popular at the moment
Although I do agree with Claudette the difference of being able to book at 180 was unbelievable.

Edited at 07:36 AM.
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
I would second making Garden Grill a priority if your looking for an early ADR. I booked at 11.10 on ADR day and could only get 8.50am when ideally I wanted 8am to eat and get to Soarin before 9am opening.

Your list looks amazing - please do a food report!
We’ve never had an early ADR at Epcot but might give Garden Grill a go as we’re also on deluxe dining.
Can we still enter the park though the international gateway if it’s before opening or do you have to go to the front entrance please?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Bon Voyage breakfast seems to be the hot ticket right now, it’s kind of flown under the radar a bit, we weren’t originally planning to go and I added it around 170 days out but there’s no availability, I’d put that in Boma’s spot. Boma you don’t need to be concerned about availability that will be fine.

I’d prioritise Tusker House and Garden Grill, then Sci-Fi.

Everywhere else you really don’t need to worry.

Exciting times, good luck!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List