Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 May 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

we had bagel last year, I was also surprised by the first meal on the way home being a curry! we had a bit of turbulence and as soon as the plane filled with the smell of curry my stomach went and I wasn't the only one. I requested a sick bag as there were none in the rears of the seats to be given a sanitary bag (which clearly states no fluids) as there were no sick bags on board! Needless to say it leaked so I requested some napkins whilst we had to be strapped in but couldn't cope so requested to use the toilet.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tynxuk View Post
we had bagel last year, I was also surprised by the first meal on the way home being a curry! we had a bit of turbulence and as soon as the plane filled with the smell of curry my stomach went and I wasn't the only one. I requested a sick bag as there were none in the rears of the seats to be given a sanitary bag (which clearly states no fluids) as there were no sick bags on board! Needless to say it leaked so I requested some napkins whilst we had to be strapped in but couldn't cope so requested to use the toilet.
Last time I flew back the steward serving the meal asked me what I wanted, so I asked what the choice was, he said "A chicken curry which doesn't look very appetising or the vegetarian option"

I took the veggy option - all I can say that if this was the better of the 2, god help those who had the curry.

This time I'll be going back to the slap up meal before flying option.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Don't think it is just BA with awful meals on the way home - it's awful on all of them tbf. Don't think I have ever had a good one
Old 18 May 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

we (2a en 2c) flew home last friday with BA.
And skipped both meals
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

The meals on flights out of anywhere in the US are usually poor. It's the catering companies. I never eat on the return flight because it leaves in the evening and you're flying overnight so I don't want/need a meal. We flew Aer Lingus in Feb and the breakfast was an orange juice and a muffin. United the time before was a pastry. They're all carbs same as BA. Coming home from LA we got a hot brekky - full English or an Omelette. Couldn't eat it after sitting/snoozing all night and not a lot of people around me took it either. So it's partially the pants food and partially that people had their normal last day meals and then can't face an airline dinner and a breakfast after being sat strapped in for 9 hours.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It’s airline food, so it’s to be expected, it is much worse comming back from the US than when u go from the UK, I never set my standards high so when food arrives I’m not to dissapointed, having said that having just come back I was impressed with the steak I had in both directions and the presentation was excellent
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Its also the fact that just 5 hours ago you were eating dinner then you are presented with Breakfast... I know my belly goes Err no ta!

I find the less you eat onboard the better. It seems to help with jetlag.
Old 20 May 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Mobile

Horrific food on my return journey from BA this last 2 flights with them. Going out was not so bad but hardly amazing. I try not to eat on airplanes but sometimes its nice to know there is a good option. Not worth it.
Old 20 May 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The breakfast on the way back was awful cream cheese pretzel roll was awful, I also saw nearly all of them being thrown out such a waste

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I tend to pick up bagels or pastries at the airport before we leave
Food ex US regardless of airport or airline is usually dreadful.

Edited at 06:46 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List