Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 May 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pantaloons
slightly serious Dibber

Best/Worst/Bizarre Park Memories

Thought it'd be fun to get a stroll down memory lane going.
We are bound to have lots of variety in the answers. Lets keep them confined inside the Parks.

Best Park Memory
- Coming off FoP and actually being speechless. No other ride has ever compared to that
- (If my fiancee asks - it was getting engaged in Epcot )

Worst Park Memory
- Heat Stroke in Universal and holding down vomit whilst on HP : Forbidden Journey (and having to ride it again immediately after)

Most Bizarre Park Memory
- Watching a plus sized gentelman rub ice cream on his belly button, then put said ice cream into his mouth at MK.
Pantaloons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

This seems fun. I want to see everyone's memories too!

Best Memory
- Meeting the lovely Scottish cast member in the Rose and Crown (Epcot). He was chatty and friendly and let us use the viewing area to watch the fireworks. It was a little bit of magic that we still remember.
- The lovely lady that treated me and my husband (on our honeymoon) to a butterbeer in Universal.

Worst Park Memory
- Also heat stroke while waiting for the parade in the mid day heat was not a good idea.

Most bizarre park memory
Being paraded around by Dale because i had a Dale pin.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh, this is fun!

Best Park Memory
Taking my dad to Epcot in 1996, (he'd never been to Disney before, was working for my brother for 6 months in Dallas at the time, and flew down to spend a few days with us in Orlando), and watching the wonder on his face as we took him on Spaceship Earth and the Universe of Energy. Then watching my now-husband have exactly the same face in 2001, his first visit.

Worst Park Memory
On our way to Disney's Hollywood Studios a few years ago, the hire car broke down in the middle of a huge freeway ...

Most Bizarre Park Memory
My 34-year old son being fed sweet potato fries by Pluto in the Garden Grill restaurant in 2015! He hates sweet potatoes, but loves Pluto and has done all his life, so didn't want to refuse and potentially upset Pluto!

Edited at 09:50 AM.
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Best Park Memory
Would say too many to mention... but the kids faces / tears when we watched the opening ceremony and they stepped into MK for the first time

Worst Park Memory
Arguing with a smart a** american when he jumped the queue in front of my wife and kids... he told me, very loudly, that we are not in "Britainland" now and queues mean nothing... only us foolish Brits queue... others were happy to let this go but I wasn't, never wanted to smack someone so much, lucky if he was 5 foot so small man syndrome I think

Most Bizarre Park Memory
Whilst in queue to meet Chip & Dale some guy with a guitar picked on my son [Jack] and his Harley Davidson T-shirt and starting singing a song all about how Jack loved Harleys and the US and Chip & Dale etc... all whilst we waited in the queue... was very good though but slightly bizarre...
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Best Park Memory
Cheating a bit with 2
- First day at Disney last year, 8am breakfast at Garden Grill, stuffing ourselves silly then being terrified of throwing up at our first ever go on Soarin', the second those chairs rose up we were both in complete awe and in tears when we landed, full stomachs forgotten about, off to test track!
- Seeing my partners face at Jurassic Park, she's been a huge fan since seeing it at the cinema 24 years before. I was at IoA was opening year and I'd been terrified for years that we wouldn't afford a trip before they closed/remodeled it.

Worst Park Memory
Being behind a really smelly family in the queue for Dinosaur. The only thing I could link it to was the musty smelly of ferrets! I moved in the theatre to avoid them being in our car, success! Then we moved forwards as they called for a party of 2, guess who we were sat with

Most Bizarre Park Memory
Being completely disenchanted by the Ollivander's scenario because his voice made no sense. We just kept laughing with another couple, sometimes it was Scottish, sometimes Irish, sometimes made-up. Who knows what a fennix is? Apparently it's tail feather was in the wand
Old 23 May 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is going to be fun!
Not sure how I feel about the ice cream and belly button comment, Ew!

Best Park memory
Sitting on the benches on the bridge over to Tomorrow Land watching Wishes. It was a beautiful evening, the concrete bench was smooth and cool, I had my shoes off, the air smelt of popcorn and I was surrounded by my family and was constantly on the edge of full blown blubbering, it was just a perfect moment.

Worst Park Memory
I’ve struggled with this one, maybe I’ve wiped them all from my memory it has to be our very first visit, there were 14 of us, 6 kids and 8 adults. We arrived at MK, I was beside myself with excitement and just wanted to see the castle but the rest of the family wanted to go into the gift shop literally just outside of the entrance to buy everyone autograph books, pens and other paraphernalia, I will admit I had bad thoughts that day! I was verging on tears again

Most Bizzare Park Memory
Back in the days of MGM Studios, we went on the Disney animation tour. Earlier in the holiday the youngest DD bought herself a Furby which had to come every where with us. So there we were, sat on the floor, everyone quiet all around us, listening to a talk being given by the animator when Furby (who was in a bag at this point) decides he’s had enough and says ‘boring!’
It did amuse everyone

Edited at 11:53 AM.
Chloeoeysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Best Park Memory
- Sitting down and enjoying the atmosphere in front of the castle while waiting for the fireworks to start. We sat and talked about the day we just had in Magic Kingdom and it was lovely. So nice to take a moment and talk to one another without rushing to fastpasses and dining! We also loved chatting to people around us, some from Texas and California, it's so nice to chat to other families and not everyone being on their phones!

Worst Moment
- Toss up between always getting sunstroke every. single. holiday. (I suffer with heat really bad even in the UK! I know how the OP feels!). I threw up massively after coming out of the lazy river in Typhoon Lagoon. How embarrassing! The other is when cast member's were bad mouthing customers in front of us, especially with young children around using pretty foul words! Took the magic away especially when we pulled them up about it!

Most Bizzare
- Okay so us 4 adults decided to all get in a raft at Aquatica for a ride. We ignored the 600LB limit stupidly, we aren't the lightest of people but only noticed when near the top and thought it'd be fine (it was not fine.) I think it was the one next to Hoo-ru run, but the raft started to get a bit wild and we started to get a bit scared. Next thing I saw was my poor dad fly over our heads, exiting the raft, and decided to go solo down the tunnels! We were really scared and panicked! When we reached the bottom, he said he was fine it just terrified him! After the panic settled we all laughed (we're evil for laughing, I know, but the adrenaline took over!) because we said at the top "naaaa it will be fine let's all go on" so we learnt our lesson! The most bizzare thing was after laughing I needed the toilet, on the way there I slipped and smashed my toe off a wall, breaking it. Karma for laughing I guess, and it wasn't fun hoping along the boiling hot floor to first aid while crying... How did my dad literally fall off a raft and feel fab, and I go to the toilet and end up in first aid can someone tell me? We now buy my dad Superman gifts because he can now fly... sick humor, we're just super glad nothing serious happened!

Sorry for the long stories, I have far too many to count!
2000 - DLP on-site, 2002 - Florida Villa Park, 2004 - Best western (Birthday Surprise!), 2005 - DLP off-site, 2006 - Christmas at Legacy Park, 2008 - Highlands reserve, 2010 - High Grove, 2013 - WDW 13 of us and a wedding!, 2015 - Taking the partner for their first time, Mabella South, 2017 - Parents beautiful wedding! Providence/Tuscan Hills, 2018 - DLP in summer!, 2019 - our wedding! 💓
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MargateDave
A Guest at All-Stars

best meetin micky mouse for first time
worse gettin arrested in magik kingdem for shoplifting
bizarre some one droppin ice cream on me head

Edited at 12:09 PM.
MargateDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MargateDave View Post
Well we clearly need elaboration on that second one?!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MargateDave View Post
Arrested! Need the full story now