Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 May 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Volcano Bay - Yay or Nay?

Keeping our US tickets to 2 parks will save a fair chunk, at the moment I am not convinced by VB. We will have spent the previous 9/10 days at Disney incl. BB and TL so will have done waterparks. At VB the queues look quite long so not really seeing the point?
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, first of all there are no queues at VB, they are virtual.
so while you're in line for your return time you can enjoy the 2 rivers, wave pool, or any attraction which are "ride now" (go at opening time)

then it depends on what kind of tickets you get for US

a 14 days universal ticket is often cheaper than a 2 or 3 days park to park on the USF site, and many vendors do the 3 parks for the price of 2
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I'm curious. With the virtual queue system at VB, does this make the lazy river and wave pool more busy? I'm assuming all the people 'virtually' queuing are now somewhere else.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went last August. The park is great but there are massive virtual queues for the majority of the slides. The lazy river was rammed and the wave pool cold. It was a bit boring waiting for our turn to ride a slide

Stay at a Universal hotel and you get early access but going to a water park at 7.30am is no fun imo
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
crowie
Trying for More Ears

If you have done the Disney waterparks then probably not but I loved VB.

We were there 2 times last October, rode everything we wanted to. Tip, like many parks, be there for opening (10am) and ride the water coaster first (20 min wait). We had all the other rides done by lunchtime and did a few more again in the afternoon. The virtual queue is great and we often found where rides were side by side, one was "ride now" - so in effect a 10-15 min queue, the other was come back in 15 mins. We would book a ride on that one, queue in the ride now lane for the other ride, do that, by time we came off was time to go and do the one we have booked in for.

Out of it and the 2 Disney water parks its my favourite but if I had already done those two and it was going to cost me an extra £100 a head (so for me £500) over including it or doing just normal Uni parks, I would do just the normal parks and save the money. I have Uni 14 day passes this year and no Disney so for me its a given to do it.
crowie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, first of all there are no queues at VB, they are virtual.
so while you're in line for your return time you can enjoy the 2 rivers, wave pool, or any attraction which are "ride now" (go at opening time)

then it depends on what kind of tickets you get for US

a 14 days universal ticket is often cheaper than a 2 or 3 days park to park on the USF site, and many vendors do the 3 parks for the price of 2
speaking from last august you still have top Q up when your 'ride now' time comes... you end up killing time in the wave pool / lazy river along with 100's of others as you can only virtually Q for one ride at a time

they may have refined things now but in august literally every ride was +120 virtual wait... with no ride now anywhere ...we gave up in the end

as i say hopefully its better now, maybe not as busy?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We got it free, but I would not pay just to go there. Too cramped too expensive and long waits even with the tapu tapu band. We went Easter week. Enjoyed Aquatica better.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List