Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Your gp can prescribe norethisterone. It's not hormone based and perfectly safe at this age. Just ask them.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katie
Imagineer

Are tampons with an applicator available for teens these days? I remember well when my period started one evening while I was at the youth club aged about 11 years. My friend gave me a lillet which I found really difficult to insert & only got it half way in. Anyway, we went on to do our usual athletics stuff - hand stands, cartwheels, hand springs etc. First time I did the hand spring, I thought I'd split myself in two - it was so painful. After that I always used tampons with an applicator (even at 11 years) as I never forgot the pain.
If your daughter is old enough, I would ask the GP if Norethisterone is OK for her for 5 days before her period is due and then stop it when you get home? I used them for years without a break due to exceptionally heavy periods and didn't stop them till I was safely through the menopause. They were the best thing since sliced bread for me.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
katie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dd is 14 on the 12th aug we go away on the 20th aug and hers are due about the 18th. We will be swimming and I was going to suggest she wears her daisy doll period pants with a thin towel and then bikini botoms and swim shorts. The Dairy Doll pants dont leak so this might be helpful for your dd, us ladies have so much rubbish to deal with x

Edited at 10:36 AM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Liv
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh really? To be honest I thought the gp was fairly useless (we had gone for another reason) but mentioned the tablet whilst there.
Might make another app next week with a different doc and actually mention the name of the tablet as I didn't know it off the top of my head, see what they say. Thank you for heads up 😃
I think it was mentioned in an earlier post. The tablets she has are Norethisterone 5mg. She needs to start taking them three days before she's due and then keep taking them (3 per day) until we get back. She was due to start the day we fly and she suffers from cramps so we really wanted to avoid that!
Liv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

My dd likes the pearl tam pax they feel a lot smoother to use. She likes an applicator but not a cardboard one as they can be sore. Unfortunately dd suffers with heavy periods and will be due on st some point over our holiday
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
Your gp can prescribe norethisterone. It's not hormone based and perfectly safe at this age. Just ask them.
That is not entirely true - Norethisterone is a synthetic form of the hormone progesterone - it is totally and completely hormone based. Though yes, it is deemed safe at this age.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
That is not entirely true - Norethisterone is a synthetic form of the hormone progesterone - it is totally and completely hormone based. Though yes, it is deemed safe at this age.
I took it numerous times as part of IVF. It is good at delaying periods or starting them for those with exceptionally long cycles. However I always suffered from strong pains when stopping them (others have also mentioned this on old posts). There is no way I would give them to a 13 year old unless they suffered from such terrible period pains that it would ruin their whole holiday.

If the issue is just swimming there is no reason for a young teenager to not try the smallest tampons. KY Jelly was recommended on an old post and a friend's DD found this helped enormously.

I think Mooncups are fantastic but would never suggest them for a young teenager who isn't already used to tampons! Even most of my friends in their 40's can't deal with the idea of them.
Old 31 Jul 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Barney Bear
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Dee_laah View Post
mooncup/
this is a great alternative to tampons.
I got 2 over 5 years ago, however I never got to use mine as I ended up in chemical menopause, But my daughter loved it. Pop it in and empty ever 12 hours. no fibres or waste to pollute our waters.
Various ones and though it may seem expensive vs Tampons and pads they are a bargain
I've bought one of these for DSD, though her periods haven't started yet. I'm dreading this happening while we're away, but wanted her to be prepared, and practise a little. Not sure she's managed much of that, but I was hoping it'd be a good alternative that would allow her to do everything she'd want to do on holiday! 🤗
Barney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

My dd was horrified at the though of tampons, I bought tampax pearl and left them with her to try if she ever wanted too, took a while but she eventually started using them and even started to prefer them to pads, something they need to decide themselves. My dd has used norethisterone, start it a few days before, take 3 times a day, never had any issues or side effects, the only negative was the month after she had really quite bad period pains and was quite heavy as she normally has it quite easy but after that all returned to normal
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 16, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Never heard of daisy doll pants these sound interesting.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List