Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 22 May 16, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stevemcb
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

HELP its been a while

hi folks
Heading back to florida in october , last time in 2014 we never did disney so I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding fast passes for disney .

i have had a quick look at the threads and do you really have to book your fast passes 60 days in advance

we normally plan what parks we go to on particular days to catch whatever attractions we want but do we have to plan what rides we want to do also .

out of touch
Old 22 May 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Firstly, 60 days out bookings are only available to on-site guests, otherwise its 30 days.

Secondly, you don't have to, but if you don't then you'll be at the mercy of what has been left, or dig into the standby queues.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
To be fair, just checking now and at MK there are fastpasses available for the majority of attractions - The difference being they may not be at your preferred times.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
stevemcb
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

thanks blustery

its just been a while ,i was looking at tickets etc tonight and was thrown a bit .

need to do some homework

although if it means we can get on toy story mania then great ,did not matter what time we went we never got on .
Old 22 May 16, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello
We went October 2015 and only went to MK for one day (We stay onsite at Universal so spend most of our holiday there) but we didn't book our fastpasses despite only going for one day. It was also at a ridiculously busy time in October and we still managed fast passes for Toy Story Mania, Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion I mean it was packed in the parks! Although I've never seen it that busy in October before. The only thing we wish we maybe considered was a dining reservation as there were 9 of us in our group so we had waits of 1hr 30mins plus for a table Off site guests can book their fastpasses 30 days before if you do decide what attractions you want to fastpass for what date, but if not, it worked out fine for us
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Darge
Getting Excited

I agree that at first, when coming in new to the new FP+ system it can feel quite intimidating, especially for those that don't plan their holidays so much.

Although if you have a rough idea of where you're going to be on each day (I usually use the Busy Day Guide to help in that choice) then it's worth booking some rides in, just for the hell of it. If you don't make it, then no worries you can change them for something else on the day. But with some of the more popular rides (Seven Dwarfs, Toy Story etc) it's nice knowing you have them 'secured' and don't have to worry about their large queues.

The other thing is that I think you can only have 3 FastPasses per day (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) so it's worth booking something up - then if you don't use them, or miss them you can change them onsite throughout the day. I also believe once you've used one, you can then book another one (availability depending).
DLP 2023! 6 Nights At DCR
Darge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread