Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 May 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Teppan Edo & IllumiNations

I have an ADR booked for 7.50pm, and IllumiNations is showing for 9pm, will I get to see it or will it be missed whilst I am eating?

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

How many courses do you plan to have?

We have a 7.45 booking last year, but the cook has to wait for everyone to be there and the other party was 10 mins late. We only had main and dessert and was out a 8.55 - just in time to see but not from a great spot.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Depends. If I were you, I would check in at 7:30 (if not earlier).

With Teppan Edo, it depends on how many arrive in the right combination (I think they seat 8 at a table). So if your crew, for example, is 4 and another family of 4 arrives about the same time... you'll likely be seated quickly.

Check in as early as they let you and let your server know that you want to be done in time for Illuminations.

The good news is that your commute from Teppan Edo to Illuminations is 1 minute... so I think you'll be ok.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

We're only a party of 2, so maybe I should see if I can get an earlier time maybe?

We would only have main and dessert

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

If you can get in a little earlier I think that might be easier.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Silly question to ask, but how far in advance can you check in?

I can't get a better time at the moment, so could we turn up at 7.30 and ask very nicely if we might get seated earlier?

Thanks
Old 18 May 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I can't get a better time at the moment, so could we turn up at 7.30 and ask very nicely if we might get seated earlier?
That is exactly what I would do. You are only 2, so they can probably slot you guys in pretty much anywhere; given the right mix of parties.

Worst case scenario they tell you that you are too early, but I'm guessing you won't have a problem. I check in early for ADRs all the time. Sometime you have a wait a bit, but more often than not you'll end up getting seated before or right on your actual ADR time.

You should be fine. Once seated it doesn't take more than an hour to eat there (keep in mind, you are eating at the same time as they are cooking).
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
That is exactly what I would do. You are only 2, so they can probably slot you guys in pretty much anywhere; given the right mix of parties.

Worst case scenario they tell you that you are too early, but I'm guessing you won't have a problem. I check in early for ADRs all the time. Sometime you have a wait a bit, but more often than not you'll end up getting seated before or right on your actual ADR time.

You should be fine. Once seated it doesn't take more than an hour to eat there (keep in mind, you are eating at the same time as they are cooking).
Great thank you.
Is it far to walk from Teppan Edo to see IllumiNations or literally out of restaurant and turn left/right and you can view?
Old 19 May 17, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Is it far to walk from Teppan Edo to see IllumiNations or literally out of restaurant and turn left/right and you can view?
Literally out of the restaurant, down the stairs and to the left. Might even be able to snag a premium spot in the upper level where the restaurant is overlooking the lagoon - but I'm guessing other people will have staked that spot out well ahead.

Don't worry - you are only a minute away. You might not land with a front row spot arriving later, but it will be fine.