Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 May 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mpark90
Excited about Disney

mpark90's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We ended up with around 18 snacks left at the end of our holiday last year - we just went to the gift shop on the last night and got loads of like 'gifts' for people at home. So goofy candy company bags of sweets, lollies, mints, chocolate coins, etc

People back home thought we were so generous
mpark90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
On a mouse hunt
Trying for More Ears

We are a couple and this September will be the first time we will have the DDP. I don't see us having loads left at the end of the holiday.

We have all our TS booked up and 8 out of 11 QS meals "planned" but we will be doing Food and Wine festival at the end of the holiday so I don't foresee us having anything left. I think those with kids end up with more because they share/eat less anyway.
On a mouse hunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by soexcitedjustca View Post
We have the mid range DDP - 1 x QS, 1 x TS and 2 x snacks, will be going to Disney for 2 weeks, not doing Universal at all so at Disney somewhere every day.

Does anyone actually have credits left? I see stories of people having 30 snack credits left which is and just can't see us having any left at all... maybe my belly is bigger than my brain!
Just don't be like the family of 4 we saw one year at CBR. It was their last day and a CS rep asked why they hadn't used any credits .. "what credits?" was the response (they didn't know they had the QS dining plan included! ).

So they ended up clearing out most of the snack items from the food court and gift shop, packed a load into a suitcase and were literally going around the seating area and pool giving things away!

You'd seriously be gutted.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

With 3 days to go last week I ended up with 54 snack credits and 15 QS credits to use! I also had a room full of Garden grocer goodies I'd bought (crisps, pringles, water, juice) etc that I ended up throwing in the bin.

I wish they offered the chance to trade up QS and snack credits to TS credits as I could have happily used a few more of them!

Lesson learnt for next trip!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post

I imagine we'll have some left over. No left over table service but maybe snacks/QS as we're spending some time at Universal etc. If we were disney only we likely wouldn't. Our 3 year old has his own plan and he will be sharing some meals I imagine, freeing up some of his credits.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

We never bought an OOPa meal last year, stayed onsite for 3 weeks with the QSDP. We saw early that we weren't going to use anywhere near our credits so bought a few people in the line ahead of us lunch. The kids used 30 credits each in Goofys Candy store and we still ended up leaving 15 TS meals and 20 snack credits. There is plenty of choice of food but so much of it!
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We are planning to literally not buy even a drink without a credit of some sort! Only way for us to use them all 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by On a mouse hunt View Post
We are a couple and this September will be the first time we will have the DDP. I don't see us having loads left at the end of the holiday.

We have all our TS booked up and 8 out of 11 QS meals "planned" but we will be doing Food and Wine festival at the end of the holiday so I don't foresee us having anything left. I think those with kids end up with more because they share/eat less anyway.
I agree with this, especially when 10 year olds are classed as adults. My nieces eat like birds and if we went with them next year 2 would be classed as adults. No way we'd use all the credits but with it being just my sister and I we tend to order a QS meal each.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Just don't be like the family of 4 we saw one year at CBR. It was their last day and a CS rep asked why they hadn't used any credits .. "what credits?" was the response (they didn't know they had the QS dining plan included! ).

So they ended up clearing out most of the snack items from the food court and gift shop, packed a load into a suitcase and were literally going around the seating area and pool giving things away!

You'd seriously be gutted.
How on earth did they not know ? ! I thought maybe you meant snacks but read again ...wouldnt you think as they went through the holiday someone would have asked are you using credits for that? But i suppose maybe they didnt scan their bands if they were paying cash? Nightmare !
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

we ended up with so many meals and snacks left - the CM said on our last morning 'you have a lot of eating to do today!' This was after swapping QS meals for lots of treats to take back home.

So we are happy with the free breakfast only for 2018.

We eat in our room with cereal and then have the breakfast meal later on and have snack at lunch or have tea off site at our favorite places.

Get snacks and drinks from the super market.

I have the QS for my solo trip next month as I don't go off site or a car.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List