Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 May 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Having done the DDP 3 times, OH & I had the following left over (spent on choc gifts to bring home).

2014 (9 nights) - 4 snack credits
2015 (10 nights) - 4 snack credits (we paid cash for an extra table service meal too)
2016 (10 nights) - 2 counter service credits (again paid extra for another TS meal)

I think it helps that we go in Sept/Oct because we spend quite a few snack credits (or swap CS for 3 snacks) at the Food & Wine festival. Probably would have spent all our credits last year but our plans got a bit disrupted due to Hurricane curfew.

I have a full run down of how we use credits in my dining reports if you want to see how we ate them all (link in my signature below).

Edited at 03:21 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Last year we brought home 14 MCB, and 12 Mickey Rice Krispie treats...Even tho we used plenty at the food and wine festival, god help us next year with two per person per day..That's 84 to use..Aarrghh...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by soexcitedjustca View Post
We have the mid range DDP - 1 x QS, 1 x TS and 2 x snacks, will be going to Disney for 2 weeks, not doing Universal at all so at Disney somewhere every day.

Does anyone actually have credits left? I see stories of people having 30 snack credits left which is and just can't see us having any left at all... maybe my belly is bigger than my brain!
I think if I ate one table service meal, one quick service meal and 2 snacks every day for two weeks my stomach would burst!

The couple of times we've been on the QS dining plan (2 QS instead of 1 QS + 1 TS) we've had quite a few credits left at the end. We'll often eat 2 quick service meals between the 3 of us and that's plenty. After a while, I actually got a bit fed up with all the food - at times I just wanted a small sandwich not a foot long sub stuffed with filling together with loads of crisps and a dessert as well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
How on earth did they not know ? ! I thought maybe you meant snacks but read again ...wouldnt you think as they went through the holiday someone would have asked are you using credits for that? But i suppose maybe they didnt scan their bands if they were paying cash? Nightmare !
Don't think it was ever explained to them (thinking about it, when we stayed at CBR, neither time did they explain the QS dining to us, just where Old Port Royale was located and what the hotel amenities were).

From what I overheard they'd stayed at All Stars previously as they were saying "well, we never had food last time". I dread to think what they'd had to pay out over their stay for food they did have, but it was a lot of credits to use up, when converting 2xmeals to 3 snacks each, + daily snack.

Would be 7 snacks per person, per day (392 snack credits for a 2 week stay!).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mpark90 View Post
We ended up with around 18 snacks left at the end of our holiday last year - we just went to the gift shop on the last night and got loads of like 'gifts' for people at home. So goofy candy company bags of sweets, lollies, mints, chocolate coins, etc

People back home thought we were so generous
Snap! We did this last August, by the time we finished I think they needed to re-stock the shelves

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I think most of the people who have loads of credits left are families where meals are shared quite a lot, particularly splitting QS meals between kids. They may also have brought some outside food in - cereal or other breakfast items seem to be very common. Then a lot of itineraries have people offsite for quite a few days, so no credits used there.

Going as a couple and not planning any offsite meals, I am having to juggle credits in planning to have enough. And that's with only one Signature, planning two meals a day, and splitting QS credit for light meals on a couple of days to gain back the Signature credits.

Fully admit to planning to use half my snack credits on Starbucks fraps though.

Edited at 04:21 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We have the DDP and usually end up with 15-20 snack credits left so bring back sweets from goofy's candy store. We never have a problem using our TS and QS credits up. I don't think we will have any snack credits left this year as we have planned to spend our last 2 days at Epcot doing the food and wine festival.
Old 16 May 17, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Don't think it was ever explained to them (thinking about it, when we stayed at CBR, neither time did they explain the QS dining to us, just where Old Port Royale was located and what the hotel amenities were).

From what I overheard they'd stayed at All Stars previously as they were saying "well, we never had food last time". I dread to think what they'd had to pay out over their stay for food they did have, but it was a lot of credits to use up, when converting 2xmeals to 3 snacks each, + daily snack.

Would be 7 snacks per person, per day (392 snack credits for a 2 week stay!).
Every time we've had dining plan we've received a receipt with all our credits on it at check in. You'd think they'd have at least received that.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Our trip with 4 adults last September left us with 8 snack, 8 QS and 2TS left over. The only cash we spent on food or drink was a trip to B&C for the Kitchen Sink. We had also used a load of snack credits up going around F&W.

We only did Disney during this part of the stay so we didn't even pay for any meals offsite in that time. In fairness I don't think we are the biggest of eaters but we certainly weren't trying to save credits either.

It's just me and my sister this year and we only have the QS but I know there is no way we will get close to using all our credits, it's just so much food!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think most of the people who have loads of credits left are families where meals are shared quite a lot, particularly splitting QS meals between kids. They may also have brought some outside food in - cereal or other breakfast items seem to be very common. Then a lot of itineraries have people offsite for quite a few days, so no credits used there.

Going as a couple and not planning any offsite meals, I am having to juggle credits in planning to have enough. And that's with only one Signature, planning two meals a day, and splitting QS credit for light meals on a couple of days to gain back the Signature credits.
As I mentioned above, even as an adult there's no way I could eat 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal and 2 snacks every day for 2 weeks. Not with the size of Disney's portions.

It would be like having a regular breakfast (1 snack), an extra large McDonalds meal for lunch (1 QS), a full meal at a restaurant (1 TS), plus a large ice cream (1 snack) every day here in the UK. Don't get me wrong, that's great for a few days or every other day... but not constantly every day, at least not for me. For starters, my clothes wouldn't fit me by the end of the holiday.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 06:10 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List