Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 22 May 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Which garage.

I suspect there is no real info on this but i will ask anyway. Coming off the airport monorail i guess most BA, Virgin and TC passengers will naturally goto car rental on the same side as the monorail side terminal B i think. Does anyone have any experience to suggest Terminal A alamo would have better choice of vehicle through not being hit with customers in such high numbers in a short period of time? I know they will have access to all the same stock.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
All Virgin customers get directed to side A. The only reason being that Virgin staff are there in case of issues.
Virgin Holidays have to go there as they have to report to the Virgin hut in the garage to get their info pack.
However notwithstanding tha both sides are identical.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Jim - it can make a minor difference which you use depending on whether you're heading north for the 528 or south for the 417 when leaving the airport. My memory is appalling for remembering which is which, even though I only did so in November! I believe A for heading north, B for heading south, but over to MrT or ILHO to confirm!
Old 22 May 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Jim - it can make a minor difference which you use depending on whether you're heading north for the 528 or south for the 417 when leaving the airport. My memory is appalling for remembering which is which, even though I only did so in November! I believe A for heading north, B for heading south, but over to MrT or ILHO to confirm!
Chris . You are right albeit both are suitable. 'A' is quicker if you want the Beachline like I do.
Good flight home?

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris . You are right albeit both are suitable. 'A' is quicker if you want the Beachline like I do.
Good flight home?
Thanks MrT, thought it was A for Beachline, obviously we used B in November then as we headed south to the 417 for our overnight with pals afore driving down to Pine Island.

Good flight home last Friday, but sadly food was atrocious, the lovely UC crew lass was embarrassed as there was nothing else to eat and eventually located a nice salad from PE's menu - she had kept me some mouse to one side for desert and another crew member gave it to somebody else, we did chuckle at my luck, she returned to say she'd placed 10k of miles in my FC for the inconvenience. Apparently the UC crew all had a go at cutting my beef and found it as impossible as I did, it was a hardy boot, totally unedible! Hubs had seared tuna, fridge cold in the middle and tough, no way was he eating it! Their US caterers really do need a royal kick up the bum.
Old 22 May 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Thanks MrT, thought it was A for Beachline, obviously we used B in November then as we headed south to the 417 for our overnight with pals afore driving down to Pine Island.

Good flight home last Friday, but sadly food was atrocious, the lovely UC crew lass was embarrassed as there was nothing else to eat and eventually located a nice salad from PE's menu - she had kept me some mouse to one side for desert and another crew member gave it to somebody else, we did chuckle at my luck, she returned to say she'd placed 10k of miles in my FC for the inconvenience. Apparently the UC crew all had a go at cutting my beef and found it as impossible as I did, it was a hardy boot, totally unedible! Hubs had seared tuna, fridge cold in the middle and tough, no way was he eating it! Their US caterers really do need a royal kick up the bum.
Chris. It is so sad to say but it's the same with all airlines. The food home from America is dire at the best and atrocious at its worst. No excuse for it as I bet they are paying decent prices and all they get given is crap!
The PE breakfast on Saturday/Sunday coming home was the worst ever. Who wants a bloody yoghurt, some granola grains that look like they were scraped off the bottom of a parrots cage and a danish pastry that actually had no filling.
Oh and no coffee as the water had all leaked from the plane!

I watched them serving it with a smile, then 15 mins later collecting 90% of it and dumping it. Disgraceful.

Edited at 07:08 PM.
Old 22 May 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Chris. It is so sad to say but it's the same with all airlines. The food home from America is dire at the best and atrocious at its worst. No excuse for it as I bet they are paying decent prices and all they get given is crap!
The PE breakfast on Saturday/Sunday coming home was the worst ever. Who wants a bloody yoghurt, some granola grains that look like they were scraped off the bottom of a parrots cage and a danish pastry that actually had no filling.
Oh and no coffee as the water had all leaked from the plane!

I watched them serving it with a smile, then 15 mins later collecting 90% of it and dumping it. Disgraceful.
That's the hardest part for me MrT as I hate to see wasted food. When in Fl we ate a fair bit at my brother's and my sil gets a kick out of my taking the left overs home, she would simply bin all leftovers! When I got my hands on the salad I used to make just enough for the 4 of us, over half less than she'd prepare. Twice she made delicious Dauphinoise potatoes, that's tomorrows dinner sorted I thought, left over Dauphinoise potatoes, salad and cold meat!

In 2013, going to Fl, VA crew dished out some cracking tuna sandwiches for tea... one year later and they were cheese and raw onion! We can't eat raw onion. The lass said she wished VA would listen to them as they know what pax will eat, apparently most in our cabin had refused the sandwiches due to raw onion, she showed me the box of sandwiches and said all would be binned, what a diabolical waste!

Trust me, based on the luke warm, immensely strong coffee offerring we got at breakfast on Sat morn you didn't miss a thing kidda!
Old 23 May 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

As Mr T says: It is so sad to say but it's the same with all airlines. The food home from America is dire at the best and atrocious at its worst.

Yep, we flew back with Thomson on Saturday and as usual their UK provided food was pretty acceptable (considering that all airline food is produced in an industrial unit somewhere then flash heated onboard). However the US-sourced return grub was unspeakable. Isn't rubber chicken something you buy in joke shops? Rubber egg-cheese-ham 'breakfast muffin' didn't make us laugh much either.

We're longtime Americanophiles having worked and lived there and visited regularly since, but let's face it, as Mrs R says, that on the whole Americans just don't cook very well
Old 24 May 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
blodders
Apprentice Imagineer

Good flight home?
Does this mean that if I am flying in with BA, because I need to go to I Drive I should go to the Avis garage on side A?
blodders is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by blodders View Post
Does this mean that if I am flying in with BA, because I need to go to I Drive I should go to the Avis garage on side A?
I would say side B for Avis Preferred.